The extended confabulation you are engendering by sifting and pondering
snatches of academia, hackneyed regulatory body stances and misapplied
factual knowledge, however well-intended, suggest that you may never
have been within a mile of a small casting operation in your entire
professional nor personal life.

Now, we are ready to pour two cute little anodes, right out here on the
fantail. You will like them. Please shut your trap and hold these
tongs nice and steady, or you're goin' swimmin'. :-)

Brian Whatcott

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:34:30 GMT, Gene Kearns wrote:

[ Brian Whatcott]
Zinc narcosis is noted by welders who join galvanized steel.
The vapor induces a vivid headache which remits in a day or two. Then
there are the serious side-effects....

[Gene Kearns]
Oh.... BS. Metal fume fever's symptoms are widely understood.... such
as a headache and flu-like symptoms.... certainly not something to be
knowingly and willfully undertaken.

Hmmmm. I mention a vivid headache - but in Gene's view that is BS,
instead he corrects me, the symptoms are a headache and flu-like
systems.

Yep, sure Gene - I stand corrected. I'll never, EVER make a huge
dumb mistake again like that one.

Then there's Rosalie, getting a little full of herself while denying
that inhalation of zinc vaporization by-products is responsible for
the headache associated with zinc coated materials.

Yep, sure Rosalie, you know best....

Where do you folks get off with this stuff.... :-)

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Aside from real or hypothetical injury, arent these cheap enough to
make going to the trouble of casting them silly unless you just want to
say you did it?

Rosalie B.

The extended confabulation you are engendering by sifting and pondering
snatches of academia, hackneyed regulatory body stances and misapplied
factual knowledge, however well-intended, suggest that you may never
have been within a mile of a small casting operation in your entire
professional nor personal life.

If you are talking about me (and you need to learn to quote at least a
little bit - you can do it even on aol), you are wrong about that. I
have been to, observed, and taken samples at a small casting
operation. In one case they were casting frogs for flower
arrangements (you know those things with the spikes sticking up that
they put in the bottom of a vase to keep the flowers in place), and
they got the whole building so contaminated that they probably
couldn't even dispose of it unless they got a hazardous waste permit.
Plus they contaminated their homes. Eventually the lead clogged up
the orifices of the propane burner, and they had to go to the hospital
with propane poisoning.

Now, we are ready to pour two cute little anodes, right out here on the
fantail. You will like them. Please shut your trap and hold these
tongs nice and steady, or you're goin' swimmin'. :-)

As we've said - zinc isn't hazardous in the same way lead would be.
Just because people do cast their own bullets doesn't mean that their
health isn't affected. One symptom is increased crankiness.

grandma Rosalie

puttingau

nice replies, thank you all very much.
To those who think the anodes are cheap, what is cheap? I need two for
the engine, looking at the last invoice $42 Australian for the two.
Maybe not much in the cost of owning a boat, but I have plenty of other
items on which to use those funds.
So, I will give it a try, will post results here.

puttingau