Roger Long

Default Bilge pump mystery solved

Sorry to throw you a red herring guys. It was the hotel systems drain
sump. It has a vent at about the same level as the upper float
switch. I forgot that I had it on. Water flows into the vent and it
was the shower pump motor I heard running.

When the shower sump is off, my rube goldberg system works perfectly.

When the shower sump is on, it effectively becomes the bilge pump
keeping the system just below the level where the main bilge system
will activate. This isn't the worst thing in the world but won't be
an issue when I leave the boat and everything except the bilge pumps
are off. A short piece of tubing on the vent line will also take care
of it.

--

Roger Long

Larry W4CSC

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

When the shower sump is off, my rube goldberg system works perfectly.

Will this new design be part of the next research vessel?.....(c;

--
Larry

You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and your outlined in
chalk.

Propane Sniffer Meltdown aroostifer Cruising 13 June 9th 05 01:58 PM
Bilge pump switch Kalico Cruising 13 May 25th 05 03:30 PM
Bilge Pump Switch LaBomba182 Cruising 0 October 31st 03 05:25 PM
Bilge pump switch - again David Flew Boat Building 0 October 29th 03 09:06 AM
Bilge Pump Switch dboyd Electronics 0 October 22nd 03 03:06 AM