Ken North

Default Bow Thruster Problem

4 weeks ago I bought a 3 year old boat that has a Vetus 80 kgf electric bow
thruster. The other day while docking the control panel did not operate
unless I hit the button 2 or 3 times. I read the instruction manual and
cleaned the brushes. Now it works every time the button is pushed on the
control panel. At the end of my test when I pushed the control button to go
to starboard it came on and stayed on even when I released the button. I
turned off power at the control panel but it still stayed on. I had to shut
the battery off in order to stop it. This could have been a big problem if I
was trying to dock. I think the relay solenoid locked up until the power was
removed. Has anyone else had this experience with your bow thruster? Can the
solenoid be repaired or should it be replaced.

--
Ken