Jim Pook

Update on my Volvo AQ240A/280 over heating problems:

Pulled the manifolds, heat exchanger, and heads last Sunday and took them to
town on Monday.

The exhaust manifolds and risers were in pretty good shape except for some
external rust. They got hot tanked in a 3 dip program and came out in good
shape.

The heat exchanger turned out to be plugged with some seaweed. They hot
tanked it and cleaned out the tubes - they also found a small leak at the
filler neck and fixed that.

By next week, I should have everything back together and running strong.

Larry W4CSC

"Jim Pook" wrote in
:

By next week, I should have everything back together and running strong.

Well? What time to you want us at the dock? We'll help you sea trial it
and watch the guages. We'll bring the beer....

--
Larry

You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and your outlined in
chalk.

Marine heating... Short Wave Sportfishing General 30 January 13th 05 02:39 AM
Props - RPM's and Cruising Speed [email protected] General 14 June 1st 04 04:11 AM
RPM's / Tach question Don General 22 April 17th 04 04:23 AM
heating - other than a warm body bruce Electronics 2 April 9th 04 04:58 PM
Heating without flame Parallax Cruising 2 November 7th 03 02:56 PM