Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
James McGuigan

Default Looking for a cheap place to buy a boat in Europe / EU

I'm looking to buy a boat, to live aboard and some blue water sailing
with my partner. I'm based in the UK. I have looked at many boats in
France, and the best boat I found was a Beneteau Evasion 37, very
spacious for its size, a ketch, only two cabins (both in the back), well
built (though most of the boats in the Beneteau range where not that
suitable for our needs, they seemed a little plastiky.)

I wanted to know if there where any similar boats, to the Evasion 37
built that people could recommend.

Second, the price asked was around £50,000, which was a little over my
budget (I suspect there may have been some room for negation though - I
still need to do some enquiries into marine mortgages). However I wanted
to know if there was other countries in the EU where boat prices where
cheaper than the UK/France. Also what is the best way to look for boats
in these countries (most online boat prices seem to be based on UK prices).

--
Rules are written for those who lack the ability to truly reason,
But for those who can, rules become nothing more than guidelines,

Earth Emergency - A Call to Action (www.earthemergency.org)
Sustainable Society Directory (www.sustainable-society.co.uk)
World Future Council Initiative (www.worldfuturecouncil.org)
Open co-op (http://open.coop)

Fiberglass vs plastic bb General 74 March 15th 11 07:53 PM
Boat with an interesting history Gould 0738 General 2 November 19th 04 05:28 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 September 29th 04 05:19 AM
I was a Mac26X owner EdGordonRN ASA 119 April 22nd 04 04:58 AM