Allen McCann

Default Inverter/ charger

I know it has been awhile since we talked about Inverter/Chargers - but
I know a website that has a 2200W Inverter/Charger (20A) including a
remote control for $360.00. If anyone is interested.

www.inverterchargersite.com

Larry W4CSC

Allen McCann wrote in :

I know it has been awhile since we talked about Inverter/Chargers - but
I know a website that has a 2200W Inverter/Charger (20A) including a
remote control for $360.00. If anyone is interested.

www.inverterchargersite.com

Wow....2200W divided by 13V = 170A (plus a little for the efficiency of
it). How many AH did you say those little house batteries were?....(c;

Figuring it at 185A load, should be no problem heating the boat for the
whole season!....(c;

Just funnin' ya. Nothin' is funnier than watching a boater with a new 4KW
inverter carrying his electric heater down the dock with a big smile on his
face....

Tim

Thae amazing part about that type of an inverter, is how big amp rating
alternator you must have to over ride that inverter. seeing that an
inverter is about 75% efficient at the most, you're going to need a
good 200-230 Amp rated unit to pull it all.

Skipper

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:51:57 -0400, Larry W4CSC
wrote:

Just funnin' ya. Nothin' is funnier than watching a boater with a new 4KW
inverter carrying his electric heater down the dock with a big smile on his
face....

I have thought of that but never seen it. I suppose it happens.
Larry W4CSC

Skipper wrote in
:

wrote:

Just funnin' ya. Nothin' is funnier than watching a boater with a new
4KW inverter carrying his electric heater down the dock with a big
smile on his face....

I have thought of that but never seen it. I suppose it happens.

More often than we can imagine....(c;

high technical inverter and charger fengjianqing Electronics 0 March 15th 05 03:14 PM
batteries Walt Boat Building 8 December 6th 04 01:54 AM
Bought cool new digital charger....$89? WalMart?!! Larry W4CSC Electronics 71 February 9th 04 05:38 PM
Bought cool new digital charger....$89? WalMart?!! Larry W4CSC Cruising 144 February 1st 04 04:16 AM
Laptop Charger Humming on Inverter Byron Creek Electronics 9 September 21st 03 07:16 AM