Marley

Default Another question for Peggie

Hi Again,

Yet another question.

I see ads on tv now and then for a product called CLR (which I believe
stands for Calcium Lime Remover). According to the tv ads, you can use
it to remove calcium and lime deposits as will often form where a tap
may drip or in a home shower.

I was wondering if you know of the product, and if so what you think of
using it to dissolve the calcium build up inside the outbound sewage hoses?

In case you already guessed, I am NOT looking forward to the job of
pulling the hose and cleaning/replacing it.

The route that the hose takes makes replacing a really big job.

Any thoughts on this, or other chemical suggestions?

Peggie Hall

Marley wrote:

I see ads on tv now and then for a product called CLR (which I believe
stands for Calcium Lime Remover). According to the tv ads, you can use
it to remove calcium and lime deposits as will often form where a tap
may drip or in a home shower.

I was wondering if you know of the product...

Yep...I've used it at home, to remove hard water scale from my shower
door...didn't work very well, so I switched to LimeAway, which is doing
a better, but still not great, job. (Both are readily available at Home
Depot, Walmart, supermarkets etc, btw. I have bottles of both in the
closet, both of which have 800#s on the labels to call for product
information...so I did, to ask them if either is safe to use in a marine
sanitation system--one in which rubber is used in toilet pumps in which
the lines are rubber or flex PVC hose (a question they said no one had
ever asked before, btw g)...and both gave me the same answer: No...the
chemicals in them are likely to damage the hoses and rubber parts in
marine toilets.

In case you already guessed, I am NOT looking forward to the job of
pulling the hose and cleaning/replacing it.

You don't have to pull it to clean it out...2 or 3 applications of
undiluted white vinegar--let it stand several hours, or even overnight
will dissolve the sea water calcium carbonate buildup in hoses...a
cupful--or no more than two, depending on how long the hose is--of white
vinegar flushed through once a week will prevent it.

Do NOT leave vinegar sitting in the bowl, btw...flush it all the way
through the hoses.

--
Peggie
----------

Marley

Peggie Hall wrote:

Marley wrote:

[...]

If the vinegar trick works for me...well...you'll just never know how
damned happy you will have made me.

NO ****! (sorry...it was too easy to pass up)
Don White

Marley wrote:

If the vinegar trick works for me...well...you'll just never know how
damned happy you will have made me.

NO ****! (sorry...it was too easy to pass up)

Careful...Capt Neal will accuse you of being another one of Peggy's
groupies.
adi

Peggie Hall wrote:
Marley wrote:

[...]

i do the same for years, it works fine

Marley

Don White wrote:
Marley wrote:

If the vinegar trick works for me...well...you'll just never know how
damned happy you will have made me.

NO ****! (sorry...it was too easy to pass up)

Careful...Capt Neal will accuse you of being another one of Peggy's
groupies.

Kneel has avoided comment on my posts since I (very easily) demonstrated
to all that he is a mentally inferior individual.

Someone posted a keen observation that I will repeat:

"There are but two possibilities:

1) In "real life" Neal is an absolute coward, terrified of others and
therefore keeps his foul mouth shut.

2) In "real life" Neal gets punched in his foul mouth on a regular
(perhaps daily) basis. "