Jeff

Default Name that place quiz #2

OK, #1 may be too esoteric for those who don't cruise New England.
That's a hint - I'll give the answer tonight.

Here's one that should be easier.
http://www.sv-loki.com/where2.jpg
Jeff

Jeff wrote:
OK, #1 may be too esoteric for those who don't cruise New England.
That's a hint - I'll give the answer tonight.

Here's one that should be easier.
http://www.sv-loki.com/where2.jpg

Sorry - this was meant for ASA, but you can enjoy also ...
http://www.sv-loki.com/where1.jpg
Roger Long

Woods Hole. I can see two of the house I used to live in, two of my
former offices, the dock where this boat I designed

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/WHOIrv.htm

now lives, and the place where my houseboat was anchored.

--

Roger Long

"Jeff" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:
OK, #1 may be too esoteric for those who don't cruise New England.
That's a hint - I'll give the answer tonight.

Here's one that should be easier.
http://www.sv-loki.com/where2.jpg

Sorry - this was meant for ASA, but you can enjoy also ...
http://www.sv-loki.com/where1.jpg

Jeff

Roger Long wrote:
Woods Hole. I can see two of the house I used to live in, two of my
former offices, the dock where this boat I designed

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/WHOIrv.htm

now lives, and the place where my houseboat was anchored.

That was too fast! (You missed the original post where I said "no
fair if its your home port"!)
Rosalie B.

Red Cloud© wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:51:06 -0400, Jeff wrote:

OK, #1 may be too esoteric for those who don't cruise New England.
That's a hint - I'll give the answer tonight.

Here's one that should be easier.
http://www.sv-loki.com/where2.jpg

Albemarle Sound (with Elizabeth City blurred out)
grandma Rosalie

Roger Long

That was too fast! (You missed the original post where I said "no
fair if its your home port"!)

Oh sorry. It hasn't been my home port for nearly a quarter of a
century. Isn't there a statute of limitations of some sort?

I suppose the fact that I've flown my plane over it makes it really
unfair though.

--

Roger Long

Jeff

Rosalie B. wrote:
Red Cloud© wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:51:06 -0400, Jeff wrote:

OK, #1 may be too esoteric for those who don't cruise New England.
That's a hint - I'll give the answer tonight.

Here's one that should be easier.
http://www.sv-loki.com/where2.jpg

Albemarle Sound (with Elizabeth City blurred out)
grandma Rosalie

Very good, Rosalie. The spot where we met got clipped off the top of
the picture.

The middle top is the end of the Dismal Swamp feeding into the
Pasquotank River, and passing Elizabeth City just where it opens up.
To the east is the standard ICW route, with the Coinjock Canal
showing. On the right is the Outer Banks, with Kill Devil Hill just
above where the edge hits the coast.

To the south of Albemarle Sound is the Alligator River, and beginning
of the Alligator Pungo Canal, which leads to Belhaven and the Pamlico
River.

Although this looks like a pleasant inland bay, the shallow depth (7
feet for much of the area) can create a nasty chop. Most southbound
travelers wait for a northerly wind before crossing. This is one of
my favorite parts of the ICW, with the Pasquotank River offering
gorgeous scenery.

Jack Painter

"Red Cloud©" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:31:29 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

Red Cloud© wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:51:06 -0400, Jeff wrote:

OK, #1 may be too esoteric for those who don't cruise New England.
That's a hint - I'll give the answer tonight.

Here's one that should be easier.
http://www.sv-loki.com/where2.jpg

Albemarle Sound (with Elizabeth City blurred out)
grandma Rosalie

Dang!

rusty redcloud

Don't feel bad - I live just North of there, fly over it often, and it
doesn't look anything like that warped view the satellite portrays!

Jack

Try this quiz. Capt. Neal® ASA 0 November 27th 04 08:04 PM
SoCal: Best Place for Affordable Trailer Tires?? John Davison General 3 August 15th 04 05:02 PM
A Commodores Meanderings: Part 2 RGrew176 General 0 August 3rd 04 03:03 AM
how are tanks held in place santacruz Boat Building 2 May 16th 04 06:01 PM
Any good place to get Mercruiser parts in San Jose? jim General 1 November 3rd 03 07:48 PM