Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Failure at cruising

I guess I have to admit it, I am a failure at cruising. With my son, I
did manage to get from Carabelle in N. FL to Sarasota in three seperate
trips in which I left the boat in marinas for a month between trips.
Every time I was on the boat for a day or so, my mind would begin to
race with things I want to try at work I invent weird x-ray optics for
a living) so I was unable to relax to enjoy the cruise.
At work, I really enjoy myself most of the time as I have all the cool
toys every science geek wanted when he was a kid. However, whenever I
have to do days of managerial things, I dream of cruising. I could
hire a manager but I worry that any real manager would be horrified at
the bizarre ideas on which we spend money and time so I am left to do
it myself.
My real worry is that someday, I will regret that I did not take time
to go cruising. Then I worry that if I did take a lot of time to
cruise that I would regret spending that time on the boat instead of
inventing interesting stuff (ok, interesting to me at least).
Its hell when you have to choose between things you really like to do
(sarcasm). However, when i listen to my neighbor who hates his job and
feels trapped, I think "There but for the grace of God...."

Minicup cruising? Parallax Cruising 1 November 3rd 04 01:02 AM
Would you go long term cruising? Parallax Cruising 12 March 15th 04 02:46 PM
cruising vs liveaboard boats JAXAshby Cruising 2 February 3rd 04 11:22 AM
Cruising the Bahamas LaBomba182 Cruising 8 September 5th 03 01:17 AM
AUS: Licences and/ or Quals for International Cruising Moores Family Cruising 9 August 6th 03 11:00 PM