Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
dtwolfen

Default solo around the great loop

So I have finalized the divorce and am headed out on a cruise. I was
thinking of doing the great loop for a year and was wondering since I
am by myself is this possible with the locks? I of course have read up
about most of the trip and with two people it seems simple however by
myself there is a lot of line handling. Are there places along the way
that I can snag a crew member for a day or two. I am not really
interested in paying a captain to help out on the new york canal
system, and then come back on the mississippi, and come back some more.
Do the locks have line tenders that help out? Can anyone point me in
the direction of going through this by myself. I have a twin screw
powerboat that is easy to handle. So any help would be appreciated.
Thanks David