AttyFinch

Default Stepping Up

Bought my first boat last year, a SeaRay 190 bowrider. We are now
looking to step up to a larger boat that will allow us to have
overnights.

We have spec'd out a SeaRay 260 and the Regal2665.
The SeaRay berth is small and the use of space seems a bit ineffective.
The Regal is beautiful inside and out and everything I see is saying go
for it. However, SeaRay is sitting back there whispering, "It is not a
SeaRay". Before we pull the trigger and commit a substantial sum of
money we are asking ourselves what is the best choice we can make.

We love SeaRay's service and dealer interaction, but we are asking
ourselves, "Yes the service is great, but is it worth the extra
$15,000?"

We can get ourselves in a Regal for much less than the SeaRay and of
course we understand that with SeaRay it is not just the boat, it's the
extras.

Has Regal corrected their hull problems they seemed to have in the
past?

What would you do.

We looked at alot of boats in the length we are looking for, and Regal
and SeaRay are the frontrunners. My wife likes both, as do I.

(I grew up on boats until I was in my late teens and just recently
re-discovered boating, late thirties)

This group has been very helpful, and I would welcome opinions.

AF

One of the components of your decision, I'm sure that you've calculated
the re-sale value of both boats. That information may suggest one over
the other.

Larry W4CSC

"AttyFinch" wrote in
oups.com:

We love SeaRay's service and dealer interaction, but we are asking
ourselves, "Yes the service is great, but is it worth the extra
$15,000?"

Here. I'm a former Sea Ray owner and I'm not so impressed. Neither is one
of the most hated marine surveyors they'd rather you not look at:

Here's a Sea Ray that banged into a pier in a storm. ONE layer of roving
to fool the surveyors into thinking it's fiberglass, then some putty to
fill in the hull under the gelcoat. He just peeled the hull off with his
hand. If you've been told he's a liar or some other nonsense, the pictures
speak volumes for themselves, instead.

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/Fiberglass_Boats.htm

Sea Ray is just another Brunswick bubble boat made to produce a big profit
for Brunswick.....like Bayliners. Piece of crap....expensive crap.

Glad mine is gone....(c;

Jere Lull

In article ,
Larry W4CSC wrote:

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/Fiberglass_Boats.htm

THAT is a truly scary page! Talk about a minimally seaworthy boat...

--
Jere Lull
Dick B.

AttyFinch wrote:
[...]

AF, do you REALLY welcome "opinions?" Here's mine: buy yourself a
sailboat!
Leanne

"Dick B." wrote in message
AttyFinch wrote:
Bought my first boat last year, a SeaRay 190 bowrider. We

are now
looking to step up to a larger boat that will allow us to

have
overnights.

IMHO, by the way the SeaRay folks act on the rivers and
waterways, I have come to the conclusion that when making the
down payment on one, a lobotomy is required. I get so tired of
being rolled down off big wakes.

Leanne
s/v Fundy

Larry W4CSC

"Leanne" wrote in :

IMHO, by the way the SeaRay folks act on the rivers and
waterways, I have come to the conclusion that when making the
down payment on one, a lobotomy is required. I get so tired of
being rolled down off big wakes.

Leanne
s/v Fundy

They go by your marina dock and make a wake?....(c

When are you coming up here? I've been wanting to see that
motorsailor...(c;

Boy, what a sailing day TODAY in Charleston. Great winds, warm, dry....how
awful for a MONDAY!

Leanne

When are you coming up here? I've been wanting to see that
motorsailor...(c;

I will be up around the first of june. I have too many
committments until then.

Boy, what a sailing day TODAY in Charleston. Great winds,

warm, dry....how
awful for a MONDAY!

Rub it in.... I was doing some yard work and planting a couple
trees, one of them being a Key Lime. I will be able to go out
in the yard and get the limes for my G & T or Coronas. It is
across the yard from the Lemon tree.

Leanne

Stepping stone Capt. Neal® ASA 4 December 1st 04 02:00 AM
self stepping my mast. rick ASA 25 August 9th 04 12:55 PM
Stepping up - Boat opinions wanted Trevor Miller General 2 September 3rd 03 08:05 PM