Joe Bleau

Default Source for Teak in SE Florida

Anyone know where I can find approximately 200 bd. ft. of teak in
southeast Florida. I am looking for real Burmese (tectonis grandis)
as I have had some bad "plantation" teak in the past. I've heard
about great prices from small dealers in the Miami area but I've had
no luck in tracking them down. I should be able to get decent Burmese
from $9.00 to $14.00 per bd. ft, depending on width. Thanks for any
leads,

Joe

Joe Bleau

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:57:09 -0500, krj
wrote:

Have you checked General Hardwoods on SW 2nd Avenue inFt. Lauderdale.
They have a large supply of teak.
krj

Thanks for the tip. Actually I was there a couple of days ago. I
thought they were on the high end. They were getting $17 bd. ft. for
drops and $30.00 bd ft. for anything decent. Maybe y ou are a better
negotiator than I am and were able to get some at a reasonable price.
I know it is available somewhere down here I just need to find out
where. Hell, at the prices they are getting I might buy some old
Danish furniture (tables) and break them up for the wood.
prodigal1

Joe Bleau wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Actually I was there a couple of days ago. I
thought they were on the high end. They were getting $17 bd. ft. for
drops and $30.00 bd ft. for anything decent. Maybe y ou are a better
negotiator than I am and were able to get some at a reasonable price.
I know it is available somewhere down here I just need to find out
where. Hell, at the prices they are getting I might buy some old
Danish furniture (tables) and break them up for the wood.

you want teak? pay the piper bud! it's all good