Raju V.K

Default Volvo penta ad41 engine starter problem

We are having a speed launch with volvo penta ad41 engine. The starter
motor was broaken down due to damage to its needle bearing coming in
the drive end of the armature shaft. Our efforts to find a replacement
was failed. there is no part number or any identification on the
bearing or in the manual for this bearing. If any body knows the
bearing number or any information to purchase a replacement is
requested to inform us. any info is very much appreciated.

Regards

Raju V.K.
Kerala Shipping and Inland Navigation Corporation Ltd.
Kerala,
India
Tim

Raju V.K wrote:
We are having a speed launch with volvo penta ad41 engine. The

starter
motor was broaken down due to damage to its needle bearing coming in
the drive end of the armature shaft. Our efforts to find a

replacement
was failed. there is no part number or any identification on the
bearing or in the manual for this bearing. If any body knows the
bearing number or any information to purchase a replacement is
requested to inform us. any info is very much appreciated.

Regards

Raju V.K.
Kerala Shipping and Inland Navigation Corporation Ltd.
Kerala,
India

What is the actual make and model of the engine? and does the starter
motor have an identification? like "Lucas" "Marelli" "Hitachi" and a
model number? post what you can and I'll see what I can do.

Tim

The starter motor is "valeo D9R116" there is no other ifo available
Regards,

Raju

Tim

The starter motor is "valeo D9R116" there is no other ifo av?ailable
Regards,

Raju, I got caught un awares today and didn't get a chance to get ahold
of my Valeo dealer, but I'll try again tomorrow.

If anything else, it could be possible to have a brass bushing machined
to fit in the needle bearings place.

I'll still see if I can find a needle bering number for you.

Tim