Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Robert or Karen Swarts

Default Nylon vs polyester cordage

I know conventional wisdom decrees that running rigging use polyester
cordage and anchor line use nylon. The nylon is said to stretch more, and
thus take up shock loads more readily. Polyester, on the other hand,
stretches less and is said to make setting the sails easier. I can
understand this for racing purposes, but wouldn't the same tolerance to
shock load be a blessing in a cruising boat where resilience of the rig is
of ultimate importance?

Bob Swarts

Confusion: Epoxy or polyester? Bonasa Boat Building 9 September 14th 04 10:46 PM
Polyester or Epoxy? Allan Boat Building 76 January 28th 04 02:51 AM
Polyester epoxy carlp Boat Building 8 October 2nd 03 09:07 PM
Can I use a NYLON Transducer in a WOOD Hull ??? Gary Warner General 15 August 23rd 03 01:45 AM
polyester - epoxy bonding Walt Boat Building 19 July 27th 03 06:37 PM