Ken Heaton

Glad you found the tape in the end. Was it Breton Books you bought it from?
Just curious. I haven't been on the news groups as much lately. We were
away to Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii for a month and a half in the fall
and then back in time for the Christmas rush, and a short jaunt to Halifax.
Things are settling down now, just shovelling a lot of snow.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada

"Don White" wrote in message

"Ken Heaton" wrote in message
I don't know about Hotmail or Yahoo but I do know that Google's new

G-Mail
will allow you to access it via POP3 and SMTP if you want to.
--
Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
Cape Breton Island, Canada
kenheaton AT ess wye dee DOT eastlink DOT ca

Hi Ken...good to see you're still around.
Remember the Silver Donald Cameron video on cruising the Bras d'Or Lakes??
I went to the main branch of the halifax library and borrowed it.
At the tail end was a 1-800 number to call if you wanted a copy. I called
and a company in Sydney answered. The lady seemed supprised and wanted to
know how I found their number. They did have still have copies and mailed

me
one for around $35.00.

Don White

"Ken Heaton" wrote in message
Glad you found the tape in the end. Was it Breton Books you bought it

from?
Just curious. I haven't been on the news groups as much lately. We were
away to Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii for a month and a half in the

fall
and then back in time for the Christmas rush, and a short jaunt to

Halifax.
Things are settling down now, just shovelling a lot of snow.
--

Can't remember...they had sent a small glossy brochure listing other
publications & tapes for sale, but the wife can't wait to toss anything

Do any boating in the South Pacific? Ever since Marlon Brando's 'Mutiny on
the Bounty' I've fantasized about sailing French Polynesia. I'd better do
it soon, or I'll be too old to enjoy the island women!

rhys

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:45:04 GMT, Larry W4CSC wrote:

It's the reason I don't go to the boatshow. How stupid to pay $8 for a
ticket and $4 for parking to see nothing but dealers trying to sell me
something. If they want to sell me a house, I don't have to pay to ride
around in the real estate company's SUV. Why do I have to pay to look at
boats?....(c;

I never pay. I go to the "media office" and tell them I'm doing a
story for the local rag and should be let in with a media pass.
Alternatively, I say I'm a volunteer for my yacht club's info booth.

Like you, I won't pay to shop. Frequently, I'm just there to sneer at
the Catabens and Dugregors anyway. I did see a nice Hanse 41, but it
had too much "gracious living" space versus proper stowage and
tankage. Maybe it's good for offshore, but you'd die of thirst and run
out of fuel...

But the crappiness of current boats for anything but 15 knots on sunny
days is another story entirely.

Let's say boat shows are not great places to see proper boats,
excepting the latest class dinghies and the J-boats, which I always
enjoy for their commitment to going fast over going de luxe.

R.

rhys

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:34:24 GMT, "Ken Heaton"
wrote:

Glad you found the tape in the end. Was it Breton Books you bought it from?
Just curious. I haven't been on the news groups as much lately. We were
away to Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii for a month and a half in the fall
and then back in time for the Christmas rush, and a short jaunt to Halifax.
Things are settling down now, just shovelling a lot of snow.

Do you know Silver Donald, and is he still sailing little boats in big
air? I've read two of his sailing books...one where he circles "The
Acadian Sea" and the other where he circumnavigates Cape Breton...and
enjoyed both.

Hope he's still hoisting something...G

Ken Heaton

Cape Breton's magazine & Breton Books are run by the some two people. A
good source for local books & tapes.

No, I don't have the pleasure of knowing Mr. Cameron personally but have
also read many of his books and articles. Here's a short note on his new
boat and what he hopes to do with it:

http://www.islemadame.com/sdc/pumpkin/
--

wrote:

Glad you found the tape in the end. Was it Breton Books you bought it

from?
Just curious. I haven't been on the news groups as much lately. We were
away to Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii for a month and a half in the

fall
and then back in time for the Christmas rush, and a short jaunt to

Halifax.
Things are settling down now, just shovelling a lot of snow.

Do you know Silver Donald, and is he still sailing little boats in big
air? I've read two of his sailing books...one where he circles "The
Acadian Sea" and the other where he circumnavigates Cape Breton...and
enjoyed both.

Hope he's still hoisting something...G

rhys

Thanks, Ken. Looks like the man's still on his game.

R.