Gary G

Default WA Anacortes rental

Any feedback from users of the Ship Harbor Yacht Charters out of
Anacortes WA? We are looking at doing a week cruise on a 36' yacht in
early September 2005.

All inputs appreciated.

Gary Gaugler, Ph.D.
Microtechnics, Inc.
Granite Bay, CA 95746
916.791.8191
gary@microtechnics dot com

engsol

Have you thought about going out of Bellingham? There are
two very good charter outfits...both of whom I've used...
San Juan Sailing and Bellhaven.
Norm B

[...]

We had a bad experience with SHYC in 2001. =20

They ordered a scuba diver to inspect our boat when we reported =
vibrations
only when running in reverse. The fault turned out to be Bullwhip Kelp
which is so prevalent in September in the San Juans. We paid the diver
$161 and SHYC would not pay us back, in spite of the facts that=20
[a] we operated the boat in a very responsible manner (no damage of any
kind and after 11 days it was almost clean enough to go right out again),=
=20
[b] the scuba diver reported that this boats folding prop was more
vulnerable to kelp problems, and=20
[c] we had paid $440 for daily insurance which was supposed to cover
liability and expenses incurred that were not our fault. We had not been
warned that the kelp could be a problem and until the diver found it, =
kelp
was not even suspected. (A loose zinc on the propeller hub was =
suspected.)

The diver cost was a very small percentage of the charter rate but the
whole experience was tainted because of it. They never gave a reason why
the insurance didn't cover it. We eventually got it back via a credit =
card
chargeback.

They were also nasty about our late return of the boat on the last day. =
We
returned it at 4:00PM and according to a SHYC management type, it was due
at noon. This was not in the contract or any other document or
communication that we had previously received. Also, we had called in =
the
AM of that day that we were waiting for fog to clear.

I would absolutely never deal with them again.

LB

Week rental in San Diego near Convention Center Gene Jorgensen General 1 June 22nd 04 07:37 AM
OT, sort of: Car rental in Wales? riverman UK Paddle 18 June 17th 04 10:26 AM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM
Houseboat rental ! MickeyMagic General 3 September 18th 03 03:51 AM
Boat Rental CT River area??? Bob Mariotti General 1 July 27th 03 02:10 PM