Blue Eden

Default Dogs and Crusing

Does anyone have experience cruising with a small dog?
Next year we will sail the milk run of the Atlantic: Azores, Canaries, St.
Lucia and lesser antilles in Caribbean, Bermuda.
Some islands have pet restrictions. Are they strictly enforced or can a
small dog go discretly ashore?

Chris Newport

On Friday 07 January 2005 3:30 pm in rec.boats.cruising Blue Eden wrote:

Does anyone have experience cruising with a small dog?
Next year we will sail the milk run of the Atlantic: Azores, Canaries, St.
Lucia and lesser antilles in Caribbean, Bermuda.
Some islands have pet restrictions. Are they strictly enforced or can a
small dog go discretly ashore?

The dog gets 6 months in quarantine if you have the cash
to pay the fees in advance, otherwise destroyed.
You get to spend 2 years sharing a cell with an assrapist
called Bubba.

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently

Jim Carter

"Blue Eden" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience cruising with a small dog?
Next year we will sail the milk run of the Atlantic: Azores, Canaries, St.
Lucia and lesser antilles in Caribbean, Bermuda.
Some islands have pet restrictions. Are they strictly enforced or can a
small dog go discretly ashore?

Some Islands have very strict rules which include a quarantine. There is a
very good list on the following web site,

www.sailcharbonneau.com/QuarantineImport.htm

I hope this is what you need. Most British Islands have the 6 months
quarantine rule.

If you break the rule, you may be jailed and fined.

Jim Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield

Garuda

What part of the word "quarantine" don't you understand?

Jim Carter

"Falky foo" wrote in message
SIX MONTHS? Does that mean you can't see your dog for 6 months?

Yes, that's what it means. Quarantine for six months.

Jim Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield

Don White

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

"Falky foo" wrote in message
SIX MONTHS? Does that mean you can't see your dog for 6 months?

Yes, that's what it means. Quarantine for six months.

Jim Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield

Jim...think I read somewhere that they were planning to stop that procedure
for animals from countries with reliable animal health certificates.

Skip Gundlach

"Falky foo" wrote in message
SIX MONTHS? Does that mean you can't see your dog for 6 months?

Yes, that's what it means. Quarantine for six months.

not quite - you can visit.

My wife's mother married a brit and they moved to Guernsey when she was 8,
taking their dog. Weekly visits on Saturday - and that dog knew when they
were coming, according to the folks who ran the impound...

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

rhys

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:34:39 -0500, "Jim Carter"
wrote:

"Falky foo" wrote in message
.. .
SIX MONTHS? Does that mean you can't see your dog for 6 months?

Yes, that's what it means. Quarantine for six months.

Considering the problems a lot of places are having with BSE and foot
and mouth, my suggestion is "don't cruise with a dog". It's
disrespectful to try to sneak an animal into a country that has a
problem with it, whether you think it's "fair" or not.

R.

Glenn Ashmore

Huh??? Dogs don't have any thing to do with BSE and foot and mouth . Those
are cattle deseases.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"rhys" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:34:39 -0500, "Jim Carter"
wrote:

.. .