DSK

Yep. We're switching over to faith-based navigation

rhys wrote:
God Is My Co-Pilot. No, Really.

Of course.

After all, if He can move mountains and shape continents, then surely
He'll be understanding about shifting those little rocks out of our way...

DSK

Doug Dotson

I think by definition, something that carries an astronomical price tag
is not realistic

"Brien Alkire" wrote in message
They're also going to make the system more resistant to jamming.

That's a lot of lip service. Realistic methods of making it more
resistant
to jamming carry astronomical price tags.

John R. Campbell

On rhys wrote:
Cindy Ballreich wrote:
Hey! This was supposed to degenerate into a
sextant flamewar, not a political flamewar!
Didn't you get the schedule?

We just HAD a sextant flamewar, didn't we? I
believe it can be found just inside this
cocked hat here...

I'm not up to date... so is LORAN dead yet?

--
John R. Campbell Speaker to Machines soup at tampabay dot rr dot com
"Grace is sufficient so Joy was let go." - Heather L. Campbell
Jim Donohue

Actually WAAS is DGPS...Jim

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message

"Amgine" wrote in message
lkaboutboats.com...
Maybe this is just my own personal read, but doesn't this sound like
sabre-rattling at the EU's Magellan project more than anything else?
Especially since the initial test satellite is scheduled to be launched
in
October.

And where has DGPS gone?

It has been pretty much replaced by WAAS. I wouldn;t be surprised if they
discontinued DGPS in the near future. I still use mine but I would get a
WAAS
in a second if/when DGPS goes away.

Amgine
SailWiki
http://wiki.saewyc.net

Doug Dotson

No it isn't.

newsaPwd.83$iD.50@fed1read05...

"Amgine" wrote in message
lkaboutboats.com...
Maybe this is just my own personal read, but doesn't this sound like
sabre-rattling at the EU's Magellan project more than anything else?
Especially since the initial test satellite is scheduled to be launched
in
October.

And where has DGPS gone?

It has been pretty much replaced by WAAS. I wouldn;t be surprised if they
discontinued DGPS in the near future. I still use mine but I would get a
WAAS
in a second if/when DGPS goes away.

Amgine
SailWiki
http://wiki.saewyc.net

Me

In article paPwd.83$iD.50@fed1read05,
"Jim Donohue" wrote:

Actually WAAS is DGPS...Jim

Bzzzt Wrong answer. Would you like to try for what is behind Door #3?

WAAS is a SAT based Service, whereas DGPS is a MF Terrestrial based
Service. Two different things that try to correct the same GPS
accuracy.

Me
rhys

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:29:41 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Now I understand. You are another JAXite.

Can't we all just get along??? sob!

Wow...JAXite is a low blow...