JAXAshby

dougies, are you related to dog pile jeffies? you talk just as stew ped. Ask
jeffie's wife to help you out here. follow closely, dougies, one step at time.
"amps" when used in the context of boating means "amps used per hour at 12.8
volts". Again, ask jeffies wife to help you understand it. she is patient.
she has to be.

From: "Doug Dotson" AMcom
Date: 12/12/2004 10:48 PM Eastern Standard Time

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
doug, I certainly hope no one takes your advice. You are all over the
place,

I have been all over the place. And have been toasty warm in all of them.

and giving advice your simply don't know is contradictory. Please be
quiet.
If you fail that simple thing, I ask anyone who hears your advice to
triple
check it with someone who has actually been there.

Anyone should double or triple check any advise from another, especially
anything you might suggest.

3,000 amps in battery capacity, dougies. geesh.

Battery capacity is not measured in amps bozo.

From: "Doug Dotson"
AMcom
Date: 12/12/2004 9:07 PM Eastern Standard Time

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
That is the way battery ratings work.)

I know. Such a small battery is not suitable for any forced air heating
system.

doug, a brand new, fully-charged Grp 27 battery will give up about 50 to
60
amps before it is dead.

I suspect you mean amp-hours since amps is not a measure of capacity.

Even more when going to flat dead. That Espar ran
that brand new, fully-charged Grp 27 battery flat dead in about 6 hours.
Flat
dead.

50-60AH at the 20 hour rate which is normally how batteries are rated. A 5
or 6
amp draw is much higher than the 20 hr rate. More like a 10 hr rate or
worse.

of course, it was not 68* outside. More like low 40's.

Depends upon what temperature the thermostat is set at, the outside temp,
how well the boats is insulated, etc. Sorry, a Group 27 battery just isn't
suited
for a forced air system. Isn;t really suited for much of a refrigeration
system
either.

Ole-Hjalmar Kristensen

http://www.wallas.fi/index_eng.php?group=2&type=2&ID=1

For a small sailboat this is a good choice if you want to minimize
current consumption. We have one in our Maxi 77, and with a small solar
panel to charge our battery we can in practice run it as much as we
want without worrying.

--
C++: The power, elegance and simplicity of a hand grenade.

JAXAshby

ABYC

JAXAshby

doug, in order to "work harden" the copper tubing has to "work", meaning there
has to be room for the tubing to move under vibration. The idgit surverors you
used did not know the difference between properly supported copper tubing and
tubing hung at on each end, rubbing up against the thru bulkhead holes. You
paid them money to screw with you (makes you glad your insurance company would
finally allow you to send them money) and they did, even if they themselves did
not know the standards.

Replace the copper with aircraft quality rubber tubing encased in stainless
steel cage if you wish. Expensive and useless, but makes you feel better.
That is what you paid money to your surveryors for, to make you feel better.

Jeff Morris

Thanks for a good laugh, jaxie! Even when you try to "clarify" and give
the "formal definition" you get it backwards! What a putz!

Its gratifying to see that you have so completely devoted yourself to
your craft. Every village needs an idiot, and you have perfected the art!

JAXAshby wrote:
follow closely, dougies, one step at time.
"amps" when used in the context of boating means "amps used per hour at 12.8
volts".

JAXAshby

rational discussion is not possible with you, dog pile, for if one says z
pickup truck is a Chevy, *you* insist there is no such thing. the closest
thing is a Chevrolet utulity vehicle and everyone knows that is not the same.

fumb duck you are.

the rest of us, dog pile, will continue to use the common usage.

From: Jeff Morris
Date: 12/13/2004 10:19 AM Eastern Standard Time

JAXAshby wrote:

follow closely, dougies, one step at time.
"amps" when used in the context of boating means "amps used per hour at

12.8

volts".

I've browsed this newsgroup for a quite while. It has been most
informative.... most of the time.

However, there is one thing that truly pollutes the newsgroup and
renders information less than usefull.

In a nutshell, has anyone else noticed that Jaxashby behaves like a
sociopath without a clue here? I am being quite serious.

Jax spouts off rudely, demonstrates a callous disregard for others and
offers an inflated, remarkably misplaced, egocentric opinion of himself.
Seems he rarely has a clue what the f#ck he is talking about either.

Somebody pointed out (correctly) that Amp HOURS is a measure of battery
capacity and JAX begins feels it is his mission to begin his response
with the statement:

"dougies, are you related to dog pile jeffies? you talk just as stew
ped. Ask jeffie's wife to help you out here. follow closely, dougies,
one step at time."

These comments by Jax are deliberately intended to be rude and insulting
right off the bat. I've noticed (as no doubt everyone else has) that
virutally EVERY post that Jax makes is rude and insulting. If you gentle
reader doubt that fact, go back and look. Just look at his past posts.
No kidding.

Seriously Jax, you need professional help. You are behaving like a
sociopath. Not that you'd have the sense to seek it but you should.

Here's a hint Jax... your rudeness is just a lame attempt at feeding
your sad and shallow ego. Sociopaths do that all the time. Your ego is
in the toilet because you are clueless and it shows. No other reason.
Ask yourself why do you continually attempt to inflate your ego at the
expense of others? Ever wonder why you are such a rude little M.F.? Look
up Sociopath online. Seriously.

Following that rude opening line Jax then adds :

"amps" when used in the context of boating means "amps used per hour at
12.8 volts"

Let's correct Jax's OBVIOUS mis-statement right here and now.

AMPS in the context of boating means AMPS JAX, just like it does
everywhere else.

In the world of BOATING (as in every other industry) AMPS is a measure
of current flow. AMPS is used when you want to know how much current is
available for, or is being drawn by a device.

AMP HOURS is a measure of how many AMPS can be delivered per HOUR. In
other words CAPACITY.

To suggest that somehow the BASICS of electrical theory and convention
differ once electrical devices like batteries are deployed on boats is
just plain stupid and frankly, quite irrational. To repeat for Jax: AMPS
in the context of boating means AMPS JAX, just like it does everywhere
else.

No one in ANY industry (including boating) leaps to the foolish
assumption that someone describing AMPS actually meant "Amps used per
hour at 12.8 volts." To suggest otherwise demonstrates a serious lack of
understanding of the basics of electricity. Someone that clueless has no
business offering an opinion here Jax. Not that being clueless has ever
stopped you before.

It's truly a pity that a worthwhile newsgroup is infected with a dung
beetle like Jax. It pollutes it, and renders it much more difficult to
sift through the grabage he spews. Even filtering him doesn't help, as
the responses (corrections) to his useless posts still filter through.

Sad really. Fortunately everyone can see by his posts, what and who he
is. This (hopefully) makes it obvious that people should ignore his bad
advice.

Wouldn't it be nice if Jax found a new interest and moved on to infect
some other newsgroup instead? We can all dream.

Compact diesel water/space heater ? Sven General 8 December 19th 03 10:23 PM
Question about installing Diesel Heater MLapla4120 Cruising 11 October 22nd 03 05:27 AM
Diesel outboard? Jack Rye Cruising 4 August 28th 03 08:34 PM
Ignorant Dupes jlrogers ASA 109 August 11th 03 11:16 AM