Roger Long

Default Changing boat name

Can anyone tell me what is involved in changing the name of a non-documented
yacht.

Do you just paint the new name on the transom and fill in the proper form
blank next time you register or is there something more involved?

--

Roger Long

Keith

You have to dename the boat in a ceremony so Poseidon et al won't get
confused or ****ed off at you. Besides, it makes for a great party! See:
http://www.sailnow.com/sail/denaming1a.html
http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

As far as the tax authorities, just do whatever your state requires. In TX
they couldn't care less about your boat name. Federally documented boats are
another story.

--

Keith
__
"Roger Long" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is involved in changing the name of a
non-documented yacht.

Do you just paint the new name on the transom and fill in the proper form
blank next time you register or is there something more involved?

--

Roger Long

Doug Dotson

If it is non-documented then you can do anything you want. Next time
you register just state the new name. It is informative only (at least in
Maryland).

Doug
s/v Callista

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is involved in changing the name of a
non-documented yacht.

Do you just paint the new name on the transom and fill in the proper form
blank next time you register or is there something more involved?

--

Roger Long

Doug Dotson

"Keith" wrote in message
You have to dename the boat in a ceremony so Poseidon et al won't get
confused or ****ed off at you. Besides, it makes for a great party! See:
http://www.sailnow.com/sail/denaming1a.html
http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

A load of superstitous bunk, but is is a great party! Except for the problem
of cleaning all the red wine stains off the foredeck

As far as the tax authorities, just do whatever your state requires. In TX
they couldn't care less about your boat name. Federally documented boats
are another story.

I believe he said un-documented.

--

Keith