JAXAshby

What's your point? Are you trying to prove you know something about the
water? Nobody is buying it!

nobody with an IQ less than 84, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.
Jeff Morris

JAXAshby wrote:
having two gates does not make it a lock. Using to raise or lower boats makes
it a lock.

having two gates on either end of a chamber means that it was built as a
lock. Since I've posted about a dozen references that it was actually
used in that manner would seem to indicate that it really is a lock.

Now you've made a claim that the gates are kept open while the current
flows in both directions. Whether or not that's true does change the
fact that its a lock. However, you've been completely unable to
substantiate your claim. Since I've cited about a dozen references,
includes the Army Corps, NOAA, the agency the owns and operates it, the
company that repairs it, and a number of people who have gone through
recently, and all say its a lock, that mean that I win, 12 zip.

geesh. call it peanut butter and that makes it a sandwich?

... here's a picture of the lock in the Shinnecock Canal:

Jeff Morris

JAXAshby wrote:
What's your point? Are you trying to prove you know something about the
water? Nobody is buying it!

nobody with an IQ less than 84, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Nor anyone with an IQ over 84. You may have convinced one person with
an IQ of 84.
Florida Keyz

One thing about ol Jacks Assbury, he is consitently a jerk!
Glenn Ashmore

How many JAXs does it take to milk a cow?

Twenty one
One to hold the udder and twenty to lift the cow up and down.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
One thing about ol Jacks Assbury, he is consitently a jerk!

Glenn Ashmore

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
glenn, I hate to tell you this, but cows are NOT milked by pulling on

their
teats. The technique you describe would be a useless effort. No milk, no
cream, no nuthing but a ****ed off cow.

As usual, you missed the point again. :-)