JAXAshby

I seem to recall that the installation instructions state that exit from the
water lifter must go at least a foot above the waterline before exiting
the boat. Does your's do this?

Doug

you remember wrong. the instructions says the outlet from the muffler to the
transom must at first go higher than the high water mark and then downhill to a
point that is most usually and frequently above the waterline.

Doug Dotson

Interesting words coming out of our mouth.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
doug, knock it the frick off. you have not a frickin clew as to what is
going
on. keep your ignorant on this subject self quiet.

dougs, it is not hardly necessary for you to open your mouth on every
subject.

From: "Doug Dotson" AMcom
Date: 10/21/2004 6:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Sounds like you have the same genset that I do. I'll look into
the manual and let you know what I find. In any case, what
you describe sounds like an installation problem. The seven
cranks before the compression release closes should not
produce the problem you describe. Have you contacted
Entec? I had a problem with mine and they were very
halpful.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Jean-Marie" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in
:

The reason I ask, I have had a problem with wet exhaust water getting
back into the cylinder on my Entec/Farymen gen set engine. This
happens when I have intial trouble getting it started and after I use
the compression release.

I do not know the answer to the compression lever, but when the engine
is
cranked and it does not start, the water accumulates in the exhaust
system.
There is no explosion to push it out and depending on how high it has to
go
it might as well come back into the engine.

I have seen suggested somewhere that you close the water intake if the
engine has to be cranked for a long time while it does not start or you
do
not want it to start (Winterizing).

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

JM

JAXAshby

across the entire world, weenyne. across the entire world.

From: Wayne.B
Date: 10/21/2004 11:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time
On 22 Oct 2004 02:44:46 GMT,
(JAXAshby) wrote:

adults are talking.

====================

Really. Where would that be?

Steve

yes, the water lift is a foot above the overboard and the engine exhaust
elbow is another 10" above that.

The exhaust elbow is a custom since the aluminum one didn't give me the
correct angle to the water lift.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

JAXAshby

doug, you understood what, one word in twelve?

Old diesel fuel - two questions Al Gunther Cruising 2 May 30th 04 01:15 PM
uk diesel costs Ken Baker Power Boat Racing 0 May 25th 04 02:41 PM
Why Ficht failed no1 K Smith General 53 January 26th 04 07:46 PM
2003 GAULEY RIVER RELEASE INFORMATION DL Luinstra General 0 August 31st 03 06:48 PM
Diesel outboard? Jack Rye Cruising 4 August 28th 03 08:34 PM