Charles Bollinger

Default Sospenders Inflatable PFD's

http://www.sospenders.com/recall/

Don't know if everyone already knows about this. Apologies in that
case, but better safe than...

prodigal1

Charles Bollinger posted html to usenet:

because he didn't know any better.

you were probably trying to be helpful
don't do that again please
Gualtier Malde (Chuck)

prodigal1 wrote:
Charles Bollinger posted html to usenet:

because he didn't know any better.

you were probably trying to be helpful
don't do that again please

My error. I wanted only to send the URL and forgot that when using
"Send Page" from the web page, it puts the html as an attachment. I'm
usually careful to delete the attachment.

I'll take more care next time.

Chuck

Wayne.B

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:31:17 -0400, prodigal1 wrote:

Charles Bollinger posted html to usenet:

because he didn't know any better.

you were probably trying to be helpful
don't do that again please

=================================

What exactly is your problem? There are a lot of people using
Sospenders who probably found it informative. I did.

I'm of the opinion that everyone who wears an inflatable harness
should jump in the pool at least once and test the whole thing out.

Doug Dotson

That's pretty much a "feel good" thing. Jumping in only tests
the current CO2 cylinder and trigger. Once it is rearmed
with a new kit, there is no guarantee it will work. I suppose
that testing it to make sure it will hold air is a good idea, but
you can do that manually.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:31:17 -0400, prodigal1 wrote:

Charles Bollinger posted html to usenet:

because he didn't know any better.

you were probably trying to be helpful
don't do that again please

=================================

What exactly is your problem? There are a lot of people using
Sospenders who probably found it informative. I did.

I'm of the opinion that everyone who wears an inflatable harness
should jump in the pool at least once and test the whole thing out.

Parallax

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:31:17 -0400, prodigal1 wrote:

Charles Bollinger posted html to usenet:

because he didn't know any better.

you were probably trying to be helpful
don't do that again please

=================================

What exactly is your problem? There are a lot of people using
Sospenders who probably found it informative. I did.

I'm of the opinion that everyone who wears an inflatable harness
should jump in the pool at least once and test the whole thing out.

Over the years, I have tested my SOSsuspenders auto-inflate at least 5
times and it has failed twice to inflate requiring me to manually pull
the inflate cord.
Doug Dotson

That's why I retired mine and got a different brand. I believe
the failure to inflate is the reason that they failed CG
certification.

Doug
s/v Callista

om...

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:31:17 -0400, prodigal1 wrote:

Charles Bollinger posted html to usenet:

because he didn't know any better.

you were probably trying to be helpful
don't do that again please

=================================

What exactly is your problem? There are a lot of people using
Sospenders who probably found it informative. I did.

I'm of the opinion that everyone who wears an inflatable harness
should jump in the pool at least once and test the whole thing out.

Over the years, I have tested my SOSsuspenders auto-inflate at least 5
times and it has failed twice to inflate requiring me to manually pull
the inflate cord.

Don White

Check out these babies. I believe they are manufactured in canada.
http://store.yahoo.com/landfallnav/mustangpfd.html

Doug Dotson

That's what I have. Very nice! Much more comfortable to
wear than the SOSpenders.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Don White" wrote in message
news
Check out these babies. I believe they are manufactured in canada.
http://store.yahoo.com/landfallnav/mustangpfd.html

Everett

Sospenders Inflatable PFD'sThe US Coast Guard Auxiliary does not permit any
automatic inflation vests an safety patrols due to the potential safety
hazard of being trapped in a vessel underwater when it inflates in a tight
area. Manual inflation allows one to get clear of the vessel before
inflating.