JAXAshby

Aside from that you should never use ethanol fuel in 2 strokes.

we used to mix ethanol into the gas in our outboards when I was kid to increase
hp (local law limited hp to kids under 12 to 10) and it made our boats go
faster. why can't you use ethanol in 2 strokes?
Rich Hampel

You can use straight ethanol if you want ..... but you have to change
the jets in a carb or change the 'open' interval in a TBI or Injection
system. Ethanol burns hotter and more completely but requires a much
richer (fuel/air ratio) mixture. For simple injection systems all that
needed is to increase the fuel 'rail' pressure a bit to affect MORE
fuel pressure to the injector(s). For a carburated engine the old
'rule of thumb' when rejetting was to double the orfice diameter when
running on straight ETOH .... thats 180 proof, hic, ..... *;‹s
Depending on the coloric value of the fuel, 90% ETOH required 4 times
the volumetric flow in comparison to 100 Octane gasoline.

For the original poster who was complaing of hesitation, etc. with ETOH
10% ... you need to change the injector 'open' interval value or
consider changing jets to affect a richer mixture.