Skip Gundlach

Default Hurricane holes

A site which defines, in *every* instance, that boats in/that went to
Trinidad are safe, along with what appears to be hundreds of instances of
Granada boats in various conditions from safe to sunk.

For those this reaches who may not know, Trinidad is where we expect to head
in hurricane season (once we actually get out there, doing it, of course.
Pesky Delays!!). Ivan has been very unusual in its track far south of the
norm, and there have been those concerned about our future safety in
Trinidad...

Of course, Flying Pig still has to deal with the current potential that Ivan
may pass right over her in St. Pete, after dodging the first two bullets on
the hard in Salt Creek Marina!

L8R

Love from Skip/Dad/Grandpa, etc.

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Geoffrey W. Schultz

Please don't think that Trinidad is exempt from hurricanes. Grenada was
supposed to have been also. If you look at the historical tracks of
hurricanes you'll see that Trinidad has been hit also. It's only 90 miles
from Grenada and Ivan's track went south of Grenada.

"Skip Gundlach" gundlach@adelphia dot fish catcher net wrote:

A site which defines, in *every* instance, that boats in/that went to
Trinidad are safe, along with what appears to be hundreds of instances
of Granada boats in various conditions from safe to sunk.

For those this reaches who may not know, Trinidad is where we expect
to head in hurricane season (once we actually get out there, doing it,
of course. Pesky Delays!!). Ivan has been very unusual in its track
far south of the norm, and there have been those concerned about our
future safety in Trinidad...

Skip Gundlach

Hi, Geoff,

"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote in message
7...
Please don't think that Trinidad is exempt from hurricanes. Grenada was
supposed to have been also. If you look at the historical tracks of
hurricanes you'll see that Trinidad has been hit also. It's only 90 miles
from Grenada and Ivan's track went south of Grenada.

No presumptions here - just statistics :{)) As always, I'm sure that most,
as we plan to, will keep an eagle eye on hurricane forecasts and do our best
to be someplace the hurricane isn't.

L8R

Skip