Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Parallax

Default Change of cruising plans

It has been said that if you want to make God laugh, tell him your
plans.

I had been planning to leave in October for a cruise tot eh bahamas ,
leaving the boat in variosu places down the Fl west coast until around
Christmas when I actually go over to the bahamas. major change of
plans. My 17 yr old daughter was just diagnosed with melanoma. We
think she will be OK as we think we caught it early enough, but
considering the possible scenarios, we are going to do as much as
possible to minimize the worst scenarios.
Although we have been told that the bad mole is probably unrelated to
sun exposure (she has had little), she is very fair skinned. The
message is, check your kids for suspicious moles. If there is any
doubt, go to a dermatoligist.
Right now, my boat can sink as far as I am concerned as I am simply
unable to think about it. However, she is still tied up from TS
Bonnie so might be safe from a wimpified Frances after crossing FL.

David OHara
Carabelle, FL
"Ragtime"