John Cadella

Default Advice on planing devices to add onto outdrive?

hi,
I test drove a 1985 Mark Twain 19' bow rider with a 228hp Mercruiser I/O.
It have plenty of quiet/smooth power, but I heard there might be something I
can attach to the outdrive to get the boat level sooner (at a lower speed.)
Does the add on wings or flaps work?

I plan on using the boat with 4 to 8 people on lakes and Long Island Sound
too.
Sometimes I just want to go along slowly, but not have the box pointing
upwards as much, while other time I will be pulling people on a tube or a
wake board.
thanks,
John

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
I test drove a 1985 Mark Twain 19' bow rider with a 228hp Mercruiser I/O.
It have plenty of quiet/smooth power, but I heard there might be something I
can attach to the outdrive to get the boat level sooner (at a lower speed.)
Does the add on wings or flaps work?

I've read reports from many different people, and most all have said
they do work... to varying degrees.

Yes, they do get you up on plane faster.
Yes, they do limit cavitation somewhat.
On -some- boats, you might lose a mile per hour or two off your top
speed, or you may gain a bit.
For fifty bucks, it's a pretty good investment.

Look at http://www.sesport.com/
and
http://www.davisnet.com/marine/produ....asp?pnum=0440