Fred Williams

Ah yes, the result of: "You guys start coding, I'll go find out what they
want." :-)

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I will have to admit to an old programming axiom:
"Within every complex program there is a simple one struggling to get
out." :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Glenn Ashmore

Fred Williams wrote:
Ah yes, the result of: "You guys start coding, I'll go find out what they
want." :-)

Actually, it is a result of another programming axium. "The customer
never knows exactly what he wants but he does know what he does not want
once he sees it." :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Fred Williams

Careful there mate! I were one, even before I lernt to spel it! :-)

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
In article PmyVc.1663$A91.1254@okepread02,
Glenn Ashmore wrote:

I will have to admit to an old programming axiom:
"Within every complex program there is a simple one struggling to get
out." :-)

Ain't it the truth. One program I was tasked to maintain was 9000 lines
long. By the time I finished, it was 3700 lines, did three times the
work, didn't keep crashing, giving strange answers, and we no longer had
to keep a single programmer maintaining it full time.

Consultants!

--
Jere Lull