Keith

Default Proposed mandatory PFD law

The NTSB in their bureaucratic wisdom is proposing a rule to require ALL
people on recreational boats to WEAR PFD's ALL the time. Here is a link to
the site, and the e-mail address to send your comments to. Since boating has
continually gotten safer, I certainly see no need for this. I do support the
PFD laws for kids and small boats like canoes, kayaks, and PWCs. If you
don't want to end up wearing a life jacket all the time, send it your
comments!
____________________________
http://www.ntsb.gov/academy/CourseInfo/MS701_200408.htm
This site is the NTSB.
They are considering this month a rule to require all on board to wear PFD's
ALL THE TIME.

Check out the site and then e mail

Holloway, Keith (NTSB)

with whatever comments you have. Be nice!

--

Keith
__

Vito

"Nobody stood up when the Gestapo came for the Gypsys. Nobody stood up when
the Gestapo came for the Jews. Now they are coming for me ...."

Nobody stood up when the Safety Nazis made motorcyclists wear helmets.
Nobody stood up when the Safety Nazis made us all wear seat belts. Now they
are coming for us ....

"Keith" wrote in message
The NTSB in their bureaucratic wisdom is proposing a rule to require ALL
people on recreational boats to WEAR PFD's ALL the time.

Don White

"Vito" wrote in message
"Nobody stood up when the Gestapo came for the Gypsys. Nobody stood up

when
the Gestapo came for the Jews. Now they are coming for me ...."

Nobody stood up when the Safety Nazis made motorcyclists wear helmets.
Nobody stood up when the Safety Nazis made us all wear seat belts. Now

they
are coming for us ....

And about time too! It is a shame that gov't has to legislate 'common
sense' but what can you do?

Don White

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:23:21 GMT, "Don White"

wrote:

And about time too! It is a shame that gov't has to legislate 'common
sense' but what can you do?

I hope you are kidding.

Nope! I firmly believe that the gov't (or someone else ) has to protect a
certain percentage of the population from themselves,
.....and yes...you are your brother's keeper!

Vito

"Don White" wrote
Nope! I firmly believe that the gov't (or someone else ) has to protect a
certain percentage of the population from themselves,

The good Germans who elected Hitler thought the same thing.

Dan Best

I can certainly appreciate your concern for my well being, but I prefer
a less "protective" government that you apparently do. Where do you
draw the line? We must certainly disarm everybody (this has got to mean
knives and clubs to be effective - no baseball bats allowed), prevent
them from participating in hazardous sports (boating, rock climbing,
etc.). Criminalize alcohol, smoking, high school football, hot coffee
at McDonalds drive throughs and obesity.

The problem is that once you start protecting me, there is no end of
things that you will want to protect me from.

No thanks!

wrote:

And about time too! It is a shame that gov't has to legislate 'common
sense' but what can you do?

I hope you are kidding.

Nope! I firmly believe that the gov't (or someone else ) has to protect a
certain percentage of the population from themselves,
....and yes...you are your brother's keeper!

--
Dan Best - (707) 431-1662, Healdsburg, CA 95448
B-2/75 1977-1979

prodigal1

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:53:35 GMT, "Don White"
said:

and yes...you are your brother's keeper!

Nothing wrong with that in principle. But who made the guvmint everybody's
keeper?

Did I miss something or don't you American types elect your
representatives? Oh wait, I didn't, Gore really did win didn't he.
Hmmm...maybe you're right.

George H Jamieson

Then what good is natural selection?
"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:22:57 -0400, "Gene Kearns"
said:

I hope you are kidding.

The sad part is that he isn't.