Default Liveaboard insurance

On Wednesday, May 28, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Phil Ackerman wrote:
I'm in the process of purchasing a 39'sailboat for part-time
liveaboard/cruiser in the Pacific Northwest. My insurance company is
USAA. Does anyone have any experience with them for boat insurance,
specifically for the size of boat I'm considering. How do their rates
compare to the other companies. They have been tops for everything else.
Any help from someone who may have shopped extensively for insurance
would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Phil Ackerman

Hey Phil, Welcome to the world of cruising. My observations over the last 20 years are that big flashy color ads in magazines cost more and in turn the coverage costs more. The primary two things you want to consider a Buy an Agreed Value Policy and understand the policy with regard to Depreciation vs Deductible. Most American underwriters hit you with both should you have a loss. Also, you might have a 2% deductible for general losses but a lightning claim or a loss involving electronics can be double the deductible so make sure you understand what you are buying. Try Blue Water Ins in Jupiter Fla. They might be able to fix you up with a policy that is free of depreciation for a small additional premium. Good luck, Mitch

Marina Del Rey Liveaboard possibilities - also insurance. [email protected] Cruising 1 March 21st 06 09:10 PM
Getting Her to Liveaboard Mic Cruising 9 August 31st 05 10:49 PM
Liveaboard insurance johnhh Cruising 4 August 1st 05 03:32 PM
liveaboard JG AJ Cruising 4 November 14th 03 04:10 PM
Farmers Insurance to Foremost Insurance Wayne.B General 1 July 26th 03 01:35 AM