Default Poor Skippy!

Skippy turned out to be a credit to my ability to predict
the future.

Many long years ago I predicted Skippy's cruising life was
doomed to FAILURE because he was married and we all know
that wives can't possibly embrace a sailboat as a home or
*nest* as it's a nest women cherish. We all know any nest
must be firmly attached to some sort of a firmament.

Turns out I was 100% correct because, by hook and crook,
Skippy's wife put the thumbscrews to him and turned and
turned until he hollered "UNCLE" and followed her meekly
to a lubberly life ashore for the remainder of his days.

Oh well, may he be succored by his dreams.

--
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

"It is my learned opinion that a man
should not mince words just to spare
the sensibilities of the thin-skinned
or the ignorant."

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:17:19 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

Skippy turned out to be a credit to my ability to predict
the future.

Many long years ago I predicted Skippy's cruising life was
doomed to FAILURE because he was married and we all know
that wives can't possibly embrace a sailboat as a home or
*nest* as it's a nest women cherish. We all know any nest
must be firmly attached to some sort of a firmament.

Turns out I was 100% correct because, by hook and crook,
Skippy's wife put the thumbscrews to him and turned and
turned until he hollered "UNCLE" and followed her meekly
to a lubberly life ashore for the remainder of his days.

Oh well, may he be succored by his dreams.

One can only speculate on which is better, a permanent life ashore or
a life permanently moored?
--
Cheers,

Bruce

On 10/30/2015 5:17 PM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. wrote:

Skippy turned out to be a credit to my ability to predict
the future.

How'd you learn of this?

---

wrote:

Skippy turned out to be a credit to my ability to predict
the future.

Many long years ago I predicted Skippy's cruising life was
doomed to FAILURE because he was married and we all know
that wives can't possibly embrace a sailboat as a home or
*nest* as it's a nest women cherish. We all know any nest
must be firmly attached to some sort of a firmament.

Turns out I was 100% correct because, by hook and crook,
Skippy's wife put the thumbscrews to him and turned and
turned until he hollered "UNCLE" and followed her meekly
to a lubberly life ashore for the remainder of his days.

Oh well, may he be succored by his dreams.

===

We ran across Skip, his wife and the Flying Pig in the Abacos last
May. They were very much afloat then and they still are.

wrote:

Skippy turned out to be a credit to my ability to predict
the future.

Many long years ago I predicted Skippy's cruising life was
doomed to FAILURE because he was married and we all know
that wives can't possibly embrace a sailboat as a home or
*nest* as it's a nest women cherish. We all know any nest
must be firmly attached to some sort of a firmament.

Turns out I was 100% correct because, by hook and crook,
Skippy's wife put the thumbscrews to him and turned and
turned until he hollered "UNCLE" and followed her meekly
to a lubberly life ashore for the remainder of his days.

Oh well, may he be succored by his dreams.

===

We ran across Skip, his wife and the Flying Pig in the Abacos last
May. They were very much afloat then and they still are.

WRONG! Skippy posted soon after that that he had to return
to Florida again because his grandmother-in-law had fallen
and broken her hip or arm or some such. Since she's about
90 years old she needs someone to look after her.

So, until she recovers, Skippy and Lydia are shorebound
playing nursemaid. The old lady might live to 100 or
more needing looking after so that's ten more years
out of Skippy's cruising dream. By that time, either he
or Lydia will come down with some infirmity of their own
that will keep them landbound.

His cruising days are OVER! It's probably all for the
best as it never really dawned on Skippy what cruising
was really all about - it most certainly isn't all about
sailing a condo!

--
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

"It is my learned opinion that a man
should not mince words just to spare
the sensibilities of the thin-skinned
or the ignorant."

On Sun, 01 Nov 2015 11:22:25 -0500, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

We ran across Skip, his wife and the Flying Pig in the Abacos last
May. They were very much afloat then and they still are.

WRONG! Skippy posted soon after that that he had to return
to Florida

===

Florida is still very much afloat is it not?

wrote:

[...]

I see. "Logic in Action", from the doyen of sailors.

But then, one can only speculate on how someone that is seemingly
fixed in place in the bay of some good forsaken spot on a tiny island
can be so wise in the ways of sailors. From reading a sailing magazine
one supposes.

The vaunted navigator... of the printed page.
--
Cheers,

Bruce