Default Today

Merry Christmas, y'all (well, Jennifer and crew are a bit out of the south,
now, but she spent most of her life here, so I suppose it still counts)!

We aboard Flying Pig wish you the very best in this holiday season, and
renewal and joy in the coming year.

Most of you know of at least some of the challenges we've faced aboard, and
we're empathetically aware of some of yours.

However, in this time of celebration of Jesus' birth (which likely was in
6BC, and in April!), we continue to trust that all will be and remain well.

We went to the evening service at Trinity Episcopal Church with Mark, and
very much enjoyed harmonizing the hymns; we may join the choir when we're in
port next year.

Santa left news under the tree that our chartplotter was on its way back
from a free repair at the manufacturer following a different repair; to have
it not work had been a big disappointment. As Lydia/Grandma/Leegee won't go
cruising, any more, without a chartplotter, this was a pretty big present.

Santa also left another present under the tree. When we got back home from
our sweep just before Thanksgiving, there was a very serious anomaly with
our very expensive battery bank - the one which runs all the electrical
stuff aboard - which suggested that we had dead batteries. Bypassing the
technical discussion, over the next several weeks, we worked at confirming
our under-warranty battery health, or that they would be replaced. Santa
visited the boat yesterday in the form of a Jehovah's Witness (the tech for
the battery company) with some very expensive diagnostic tools and
pronounced us good to go, and then shared from his book the picture of some
cruisers he knew who carried the word aboard their boat. He also left us a
present of one of the tools he used :{))

Gaga's Christmas present was a new and expanded home, just across the street
and up one. That will allow her to do her (and our and any visitors')
laundry without having to haul it over some not-flat terrain to the main
building. It also comes with a much larger and more functional living
space, one which will allow overnight visitors (whenever we succeed in
finding her a queen futon), and a full kitchen to feed them, among its other
blessings. Our cats continue to be service animals to her - and, the way
she's going, she may outlive them. Otherwise, when she passes, they'll come
back aboard with us, most likely many years from now.

There are bits and bobs to attend to, but we expect to continue our
shake-and-break (down) in a few weeks. Perhaps our biggest present will be
enountering no "gamestoppers" - something which must be fixed before we can
move on, as was the case in literally every prior move of Flying Pig for the
last two years.

We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year, and send hugs all
around.

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other
people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of others' opinion drown out your own inner voice;
and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
They somehow already know what you truly want to become.
Everything else is secondary".
- Steve Jobs

wrote:

We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year, and send hugs all
around.

===

All the best to you and Lydia also. We look forward to once again
seeing you out and about in cruising venues. It's important to
remember that no boat is ever perfect and that all critical systems
must have backup or work arounds.

wrote:

We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year, and send hugs all
around.

===

All the best to you and Lydia also. We look forward to once again
seeing you out and about in cruising venues. It's important to
remember that no boat is ever perfect and that all critical systems
must have backup or work arounds.

That's a good hint, Wayne. Poor Skippy seems to have an
unreasonable fear that some relatively unnecessary system
must necessarily keep him from sailing.

Sad!

Oh, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

--
Sir Gregory

get job today [email protected] Cruising 0 May 4th 09 09:13 PM
Today The Bill Rodgers General 0 August 28th 05 06:31 PM
Today HarryKrause General 0 July 10th 05 04:07 PM
Out on the bay today Harry Krause General 0 February 28th 05 04:47 AM
It's -6 here today... Tuuk General 54 January 11th 05 06:09 AM