Default OT - "Access Denied"

I want to access a website or three.
When I key in my search query, I get this crap
Safe @ Office 500

Access Denied

www.hollywoodtacticalarms.com was blocked because
it belongs to the following categories:

•Weapons

Administrator Override
Username
Password

Anyone know who this bunch of dickheads is?
Can anyone tell me why this is on my PC? I've never seen
it before, don't know anything about it and searching for
it seems to show that it is something that businesses buy,
not something that consumers stick on their PCs.

Doesn't matter what gun dealer I key in, same answer.

I can search for Bass Pro no problem. Still guns but I
don't get this moralising ****.

Is it a legal requirement? How can someone block access
to a business website that is not breaking the law?

TIA

On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:39:05 +0300, injipoint
wrote:

[...]

works here
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok

wrote:

[...]

OK, so it looks like it is on my PC for some reason. I checked
the firewall for "parental controls" but my firewall is turned off
as my Eset controls the security. I can't see anything in Internet
Options that would stop it and I've done a search on the PC for
things that look like any combination of the above for no result.
Irritating.
Still looking for suggestions if any.....
Hoges

wrote:

[...]

Do you have any other devices - handphone?, friend? - that you can try
to access this site? Here we have many government blocked sites. If
you try to access them you get a message that the side is blocked in
accordance of, whatever(don't remember the actual text).

That would at least tell whether it was a fault on a specific computer
or a web or server problem.
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok

wrote:

[...]

The old block-access-to-the-website-trick.
Yes, it's the service provider. We have arrived in our winter berth
in Turkey and have accessed the local internet.

This is my first time with a net nanny! I'll check when I get to a cafe
whether it's government policy or just the provider themselves. I'm
suspecting government policy if it's banning access to weapons' sites.

All I wanted was an idea of the cost of a silencer for a .22 Buckmark

wrote:

[...]

Here if you attempt to open a blocked site a message pops up:

"Sorry for any inconvenience.
The page you are trying to visit has been blocked by the Ministry of
Information and Communication Technology."

Following that is the address and phone number of the Ministry.

I think I must prefer the system here as you know, with no doubts, who
and why blocked the site.
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok

wrote:

All I wanted was an idea of the cost of a silencer for a .22 Buckmark

===

Here are some sites with more info:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=313738

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/948791/tactical-solutions-trail-lite-barrel-browning-buck-mark-22-long-rifle-1-in-16-twist-5-1-2-fluted-aluminum-threaded-muzzle-matte-olive-drab-green

http://www.westcoastarmory.com/washington-state-silencers/advanced-armament-corporation.html

The "can" is about $400 USD but you'll also need to get a threaded
barrel if you don't already have one, about $230.

wrote:

All I wanted was an idea of the cost of a silencer for a .22 Buckmark

===

Here are some sites with more info:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=313738

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/948791/tactical-solutions-trail-lite-barrel-browning-buck-mark-22-long-rifle-1-in-16-twist-5-1-2-fluted-aluminum-threaded-muzzle-matte-olive-drab-green

http://www.westcoastarmory.com/washington-state-silencers/advanced-armament-corporation.html

The "can" is about $400 USD but you'll also need to get a threaded
barrel if you don't already have one, about $230.
Thanks for looking it up. Doubles the price of the original pistol

and then some! Still, you gets what you pays for. There's a YouTube
video of a guy with one fitted shooting at a range and you cannot hear
this thing firing. Amazing.

wrote:

All I wanted was an idea of the cost of a silencer for a .22 Buckmark

===

Here are some sites with more info:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=313738

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/948791/tactical-solutions-trail-lite-barrel-browning-buck-mark-22-long-rifle-1-in-16-twist-5-1-2-fluted-aluminum-threaded-muzzle-matte-olive-drab-green

http://www.westcoastarmory.com/washington-state-silencers/advanced-armament-corporation.html

The "can" is about $400 USD but you'll also need to get a threaded
barrel if you don't already have one, about $230.
Thanks for looking it up. Doubles the price of the original pistol

and then some! Still, you gets what you pays for. There's a YouTube
video of a guy with one fitted shooting at a range and you cannot hear
this thing firing. Amazing.

On the other hand... Why?
--
Cheers,