Default OT - "Access Denied"

On 1/10/2013 4:05 AM, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:59:58 +0300, injipoint
wrote:

On 30/09/2013 3:05 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:04:12 +0300, injipoint
wrote:

All I wanted was an idea of the cost of a silencer for a .22 Buckmark

===

Here are some sites with more info:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=313738

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/948791/tactical-solutions-trail-lite-barrel-browning-buck-mark-22-long-rifle-1-in-16-twist-5-1-2-fluted-aluminum-threaded-muzzle-matte-olive-drab-green

http://www.westcoastarmory.com/washington-state-silencers/advanced-armament-corporation.html

The "can" is about $400 USD but you'll also need to get a threaded
barrel if you don't already have one, about $230.
Thanks for looking it up. Doubles the price of the original pistol

and then some! Still, you gets what you pays for. There's a YouTube
video of a guy with one fitted shooting at a range and you cannot hear
this thing firing. Amazing.

On the other hand... Why?

Doesn't draw any attention when it goes off.

wrote:

[...]

Are you going to be a secret assassin?
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok

wrote:

On 1/10/2013 4:05 AM, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

On the other hand... Why?

Doesn't draw any attention when it goes off.

Are you going to be a secret assassin?

No secret about it now.

wrote:

[...]

Not this little black duck. I'm retired, and it's not
an occupation I ever considered.

off on a tangent, I heard once years ago that Thailand
had the largest number of "registered" or "known" hit men
in the world, and they listed themselves in the phone book?
Urban Myth?

wrote:

[...]

Well, they don't list in the phone book :-)

But apparently, and here I'm going on hearsay, if you want one you can
ask around and turn one up in a short time.

It appears, and here I'm going largely by new reports, a hit man is
just someone who owns, or can borrow, a gun and is looking for a quick
buck. Most of the shooting that are reported, the cops have already
identified either the gunner of the motorcycle driver - the typical
shooting is a guy with a pillion rider drives by and the pillion rider
opens up with a .45.

The exceptions are drive-by's in the southern provinces that are
usually triggered by the seperationists or a one man band. A guy
recently robbed a gold store at the largest shopping center in Phuket.
Drove up on his motorcycle, walked in, produced a gun and said I'll
shoot if you move, one man moved and the guy shot him, ran out and
hopped on the bike and disappeared. It is now three months later and
they are still looking.

Actually there are not a lot of shootings here, compared to, say
Chicago :-)
--
Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok