Default Hacienda Nicoyana

On Monday, November 10, 1997 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, JMason wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Hacienda Nicoyana (once known as "Joe Hill's") is still
in existence? This cruising stop is (was?) located off the Gulf of Nicoya
near Puntarenas, Costa Rica.

I had a pleasant stop there in 1975 (even hauled on their grid) when Joe and
Nancy Hill ran the place. I know they have long gone, but I had heard others
took over. Any recent experience out there? Anyone know what happened to the
Hills?

John Mason K6VKV
SV Wanderstar - Fast Passage 39
Lying Titusville

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:08:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Joe hills is no longer exists nor does the Hacienda Nicoyana. Joe's wife mysteriously drowned and shortly thereafter he left with a younger woman. It was taken over by Mike and Sally and it became the Hacienda Nicoyana. We were there in the late 70's for quite some time as we had built our boat in Costa Rica and I was working at the sailboat factory in San Jose.

We went back about four years ago and found nothing there.

Ben

Sorry to hear about the ex wife and the place ceasing to exist.

We were eating dinner inside in 1976 when the heavens opened up. Filled our
dinghy to the rim with rainwater and after dinner we found our floorboards
floating inside our Choy Lee Frisco Flyer. Finally put an electric bilge
pump and float switch on our 26 foot cruiser.

Cheers,

Bert
New Zealand