Default Region 3 BBA/Maptech Chartkit, 1994, as new, in Vero Beach

Region 3 BBA/Maptech Chartkit, 1994, as new, in Vero Beach

My apologies if I'm stepping on toes for offering this; based on the feeding
frenzy when I bought these, I assume there's a demand for this, the other
chartkit and my propane bottle!

This is an unused Chartkit, with its also-unused heavy ziploc see-through
sleeve (keeps the pages dry while you're navigating, if that's how you're
using it). As it's not "new" I won't call it that, especially with its
publication date, but, I've noted as we've cruised, the rocks don't move, so
it's still valuable. Region 3 covers from Cape May to Nantucket...

If you have a Region 2 Chartkit (Block Island to the Canadian Border), I'm
interested!

I'm still trying to figure out how to ship it; the UPSStore wants more than
$5 just for the flat box I'd use to ship it if I were to buy it, but media
rate's not all that much, so, I'm sure I'll work it out.

$25 shipped, or $20 local pickup

Click the gallery link below for pictures of this and the others; click any
of the pictures for a larger view. Drop me a line skipgundlach at gmail dot
com if you want it. We're getting ready to sail again, so if it's not taken
here it will go to eBay.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:02:58 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

This is an unused Chartkit, with its also-unused heavy ziploc see-through
sleeve (keeps the pages dry while you're navigating, if that's how you're
using it). As it's not "new" I won't call it that, especially with its
publication date, but, I've noted as we've cruised, the rocks don't move, so
it's still valuable. Region 3 covers from Cape May to Nantucket...

====

Paper charts? They are so, uhhhh, 20th century... :-)

Seriously, I can't remember the last time I looked at one. I do carry
a chartbook of SWFL for backup on my runabout but have never used it.
On he trawler we have so many layers of redundancy for both devices
and data that failure would be just about impossible. My latest
smartphone has not only a built in GPS but a very capable
Caribbean/Navionics charting package for about $15. I use it in the
dinghy with a zip lock plastic bag for protection.

Vero Beach weather jim7856 General 37 May 28th 09 11:22 AM
Anyone stayed at the Disney Resort in Vero Beach? Harry Krause General 26 April 23rd 07 06:48 AM
Moving boat from Los Angeles to Florida (Vero Beach) Wolf General 3 October 4th 03 12:54 PM
Moving boat from Los Angeles to Florida (Vero Beach) Wolf Cruising 13 September 15th 03 02:25 PM