Wayne B Wayne B is offline

Default Region 3 BBA/Maptech Chartkit, 1994, as new, in Vero Beach

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:02:58 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

This is an unused Chartkit, with its also-unused heavy ziploc see-through
sleeve (keeps the pages dry while you're navigating, if that's how you're
using it). As it's not "new" I won't call it that, especially with its
publication date, but, I've noted as we've cruised, the rocks don't move, so
it's still valuable. Region 3 covers from Cape May to Nantucket...

====

Paper charts? They are so, uhhhh, 20th century... :-)

Seriously, I can't remember the last time I looked at one. I do carry
a chartbook of SWFL for backup on my runabout but have never used it.
On he trawler we have so many layers of redundancy for both devices
and data that failure would be just about impossible. My latest
smartphone has not only a built in GPS but a very capable
Caribbean/Navionics charting package for about $15. I use it in the
dinghy with a zip lock plastic bag for protection.