Default Queen For A Day - Free 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis

Queen for a Day update:

No more calls, we have a winner.

A couple bringing their boat back to FL from the Rio Dulce, full-time
cruisers and homeschoolers (well, boatschoolers) but for the desire of their
daughter to do her junior and senior years in public schooling, are the
winners in our giveaway. They'll continue to live aboard, albeit probably
in a marina.

Fittingly, they'd done the same sort of thing with their car, giving it away
to a couple in the marina whence they departed when they left on their
cruise, several years ago, from Bradenton, so this sort of closes the
circle.

By the way, I've heard back from Wes Pratt, my original benefactor on the
vehicle I did my first QFAD deal on 6 years ago, and he's both tickled that
his vehicle was similarly passed along as well as thriving, and that I'm
doing the same on this one.

I can think of no more fulfilling thing to do than to provide a fellow
full-time cruiser who's sold everything, and gave away THEIR car than to put
a ride under them when they return to shore for a couple of years :{))
They've assured me my car will (later) meet a similar fate, so perhaps
you'll see them post here in a few years!

L8R, y'all

Skip, finished with the refit and the kids/grandkids/wedding trip,
provisioning and shaking down Flying Pig for an East coast run this year

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
[...]

Full-time cruisers don't become marina roaches because of
the desires of a child to become a lubber. Sorry, that's hard
but that's the truth. Children should be seen, not heard!

--
Sir Gregory

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:04:19 -0400, " Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·"
åke wrote:

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
[...]

It is amazing how those who have never done anything are so eager to
give others the advantage of their experience.
..
Time and time again we advise him that remaining quiet and perhaps
being thought a fool is far more advisable than to open his mouth and
prove it.

But he does not listen.

Thus the fool speaks. He does not cruise but comments on cruisers. He
does not have a child but comments on parents.
--
Cheers,

Bruce

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in
message ...

.
Time and time again we advise him that remaining quiet and perhaps
being thought a fool is far more advisable than to open his mouth and
prove it.

But he does not listen.

Thus the fool speaks. He does not cruise but comments on cruisers. He
does not have a child but comments on parents.

And you? You haven't cruised since you gave up half-way around
about 20 years ago. Some authority you are, Bruce!

Why, you don't even live in a boat. You're just another has-been
with no future possibility of ever being again. Myself, I'm still
enjoying the independent cruising life and have been since the
year 1985. That makes me an authority and a CURRENT authority
at that.

I just had to comment on the so-called cruisers who are now to
be living a dock-bound existence because of a 16-year-old girl
who wants to go to a public high school? Good grief, there are
few things responsible parents would allow their child to do than
that. Home schooling is ever so much superior to a public
school indoctrination into liberalism and sex on demand. The
young girl will end up with a warped mind and a venereal disease
or two.

Parents who trade home schooling and cruising for dock roach
live and a 16-year-old girl going through a liberal indoctrination
process are totally irresponsible and what they are doing borders
on child neglect, IMO.

--
Sir Gregory

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:22:05 -0400, " Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·"
åke wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in
message ...
åke wrote:
"Flying Pig" wrote in message
[...]

Living on a boat, like floating trailer trash is hardly qualification
to call one a cruiser.... Oh yes, I remember your essay on your great
cruise; down the bay, anchored on a mud bank and back home to the
mooring then next morning. The band was too loud for your delicate
ears, you said.

Hardly a cruising lifestyle.

I just had to comment on the so-called cruisers who are now to
be living a dock-bound existence because of a 16-year-old girl
who wants to go to a public high school? Good grief, there are
few things responsible parents would allow their child to do than
that. Home schooling is ever so much superior to a public
school indoctrination into liberalism and sex on demand. The
young girl will end up with a warped mind and a venereal disease
or two.

How would you know?

Parents who trade home schooling and cruising for dock roach
live and a 16-year-old girl going through a liberal indoctrination
process are totally irresponsible and what they are doing borders
on child neglect, IMO.

Yup, opening your mouth and proving just how foolish you really are.

--
Cheers,

Bruce