Default Phew!

http://justpickone.org/skip/gallery/...op+It&start=33

It took most of yesterday to get ready for today, which was banging in, and
turning, the EZ-out in the sawed- or ground-off bolt in my rudder
shoe/gudgeon.

I very carefully centerpunched a place for a pilot drill (the better to not
wander from center, I normally drill successively larger holes in something
I want to make sure stays centered, as well as to minimize difficulty in
removing a lot of mass at once).

Shortly thereafter, well into the silicon-bronze 5/16" bolt, my 3/32" bit
snapped.

!@#$%^&*()(*#@@!#$%^&*(!!!

Out comes my pick set, and I manage to get some of it out. Next-size-up bit
makes a bit of progress, more work with the pick. Eventually we reach the
end of the ability of the pick.

Small holes to either side of the broken bit, followed by larger bit
snapping it off, rinse, repeat, and successively larger bits, and eventually
we have a hole large and deep enough for an EZout.

As forecast, once that was fully seated (took a couple of light whacks after
test moves had it not bitten deeply enough), it came right out...

As before, masochists may get an original-sized view by clicking any photo,
then the arrow menu under it to get even larger, and successive or prior pix
by clicking the lower right or left corners, respectively.

Onward to cutting off the bearing (pix when that excitement's over!)...

L8R

Skip

--

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson