Default Split bearings

When it is time to replace the propeller shaft stabilizer bearing have
a look at:
http://www.craftbearing.com/bearing.html

for a split bearing that can be installed in the middle of a shaft
without tears :-)

--
Cheers,

Bruce

"Bruce" wrote in message

When it is time to replace the propeller shaft stabilizer bearing have
a look at:
http://www.craftbearing.com/bearing.html

for a split bearing that can be installed in the middle of a shaft
without tears :-)

If an auxiliary sailing vessel is so poorly designed that it requires a
bearing to support the mid-portion of a long shaft then it's a stupid
purchase. One should never have any need to replace a propeller shaft
stabilizer bearing because one should be wise enough to not purchase a
vessel that has one.

One instance of poor design probably indicates there are several more
minefields to be discovered.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:50:24 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

When it is time to replace the propeller shaft stabilizer bearing have
a look at:
http://www.craftbearing.com/bearing.html

for a split bearing that can be installed in the middle of a shaft
without tears :-)

If an auxiliary sailing vessel is so poorly designed that it requires a
bearing to support the mid-portion of a long shaft then it's a stupid
purchase. One should never have any need to replace a propeller shaft
stabilizer bearing because one should be wise enough to not purchase a
vessel that has one.

One instance of poor design probably indicates there are several more
minefields to be discovered.

Wilbur Hubbard

An interesting comment for someone that doesn't own a boat with an
engine in it. One might even be inclined to ask, "How ever could you
possibly know?"

--
Cheers,

Bruce

"Bruce" wrote in message

When it is time to replace the propeller shaft stabilizer bearing have
a look at:
http://www.craftbearing.com/bearing.html

for a split bearing that can be installed in the middle of a shaft
without tears :-)

--
Cheers,

Bruce

These are the over-a-BOATbuck items I mentioned as considered and discarded.
The renewal bearing was slightly MORE under than the whole thing was over,
but to tie up 2K in an original and a repair/renewal wasn't what I had in
mind :{))

L8R

Skip, stuck on the @#$%ER^&*()_*&^%$T# bolt in the shoe

--

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:41:48 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

When it is time to replace the propeller shaft stabilizer bearing have
a look at:
http://www.craftbearing.com/bearing.html

for a split bearing that can be installed in the middle of a shaft
without tears :-)

--
Cheers,

Bruce

These are the over-a-BOATbuck items I mentioned as considered and discarded.
The renewal bearing was slightly MORE under than the whole thing was over,
but to tie up 2K in an original and a repair/renewal wasn't what I had in
mind :{))

L8R

Skip, stuck on the @#$%ER^&*()_*&^%$T# bolt in the shoe

I didn't think that they were that expensive. I saw one on a Dutch
boat with a similar situation - long shaft from the transmission to
the stern tube. The owner asked me how to check the shaft for run out
and I loaned him a magnetic base dial indicator and visited with him
while he checked it. I understood that he had recently install a new
one and suspected it might not be aligned.
(You may not know it but the average Dutchman is "careful" with his
money :-)

I assume that your shaft size is, what? 1-1/18- 1-1/14?

I'm going to Singapore in a week or so and as they have a really good
business locater system I'll take a look. If I can find a decent price
I'll get the make, model, etc. It might be a help.
--
Cheers,

Bruce

"Bruce" wrote in message
I assume that your shaft size is, what? 1-1/18- 1-1/14?

--
Cheers,

Bruce

1.25" Thanks.