Default Portia

the seagoing cat is no longer with us. Not seen for a week, now - bobcat,
or raccoon, both of which have been seen in the yard, maybe?

Damn...

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any
kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now.
Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

- Etienne Griellet

On 14/02/2012 1:13 PM, Flying Pig wrote:
the seagoing cat is no longer with us. Not seen for a week, now - bobcat,
or raccoon, both of which have been seen in the yard, maybe?

Damn...

Not on another boat like before?

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
the seagoing cat is no longer with us. Not seen for a week, now -
bobcat, or raccoon, both of which have been seen in the yard, maybe?

Damn...

Sorry to hear it, Skippy. I hope Portia will turn up soon or eventually.
Cats are pretty much proof against raccoons at least an adult cat - just
too fast and nimble for a raccoon to catch. Bobcats I don't know about.
Was Portia biochipped?

Wilbur Hubbard

Nine lives, and all that :{))

As I was on the way down to check on a specification on my driveshaft,
Portia yowled at me from the power boat next door - but not the same one
she'd been on over Christmas.

I don't get it, as there have been people on and off that boat all week -
but, when the guys who were here this morning left, they left the salon door
open. If she's been in there all that time - as I assume she must have
been - I can't imagine her not complaining before this afternoon.

In any event, she was in fine shape, and apparently she'd found a source of
water whereever it is she's been, as she ignored her water while she came
back to her food bowl a half-dozen times.

Already she's on and off the boat, up and down the ladder as though they
were a grand staircase.

Lydia is even gladder than I she's back - a perfect Valentine's Day gift
from me to her...

Thanks for asking/your concern. I figured going public about her loss would
flush her out :{))

L8R

Skip and Portia

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any
kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now.
Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

- Etienne Griellet

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:45:45 -0500, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

[...]

=======

Glad to hear there was a happy ending to all that.

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
[...]

I have been living with cats just about all my life. I've come up with a
theory that cats have very vivid dreams where they pursue prey, etc.
Sometimes my cat will wake up after one of those dreams where his eyes are
rolling around under the lids and his feet are going through pouncing
motions and his whiskers are twitching and he will look around kinda
confused as to what happened all of a sudden. I think sometimes cats have
nightmares where something is out to get them. For several days after such
a dream they will be very timid, they will look at something unseen and
growl or hiss. They will be hesitant to go into their favorite holes and
hideaways. They shy away from you. Sometimes it takes a couple or three
days for them to get over it and back to normal behavior. Who knows what
scary things they dream about? I think the line between reality and dreams
for cats is kinda blurry. Portia probably had a bad dream about something
terrible happening on the Flying Pig so she abandoned ship for a while.

--
Sir Gregory

Hi, Gregory, and thanks for the thoughts, left below.

Ya never know. She got herself locked into a boat over Christmas Eve/Day,
but we were fortunate enough to hear her when we returned on Christmas
evening, AND had the boat owner's card with us from having met them a couple
of years ago in Georgetown.

He was gracious enough to leave his party and come let us aboard to retreive
her and clean up her mess she'd carefully left in the shower pan.

I've concluded we have no clue what Portia thinks about, if it gets that
deep; you might be entirely right...

L8R

Skip, with both ladies back aboard, now