Default When did Skippy's "Flying Pig" go on the hard?

Wasn't it sometime in October that Skippy got hauled to do a simple
bottom job?

LOL! That means it's close to a year and he's STILL on the hard. Good
Grief!

Let's look at the cost of the lay days alone.

365 days at 15 dollars a day = $5,475

365 days at a 50 dollar a day materials cost = $18,250

365 days figuring ten bucks per hour labor cost = $3,650

Skippy probably pays for metered electricity at about $25 per month =
$300

Travel lift in and out = $250

Ben Gay and other meds for the old aching back = $100

Let's assume water is no charge.

So the approximate bill to date for Flying Pig, an old Morgan that MIGHT
fetch about 30 grand these days, amounts to 28,025 bucks. WOW! Talk
about throwing good money after bad!!!

Doesn't this beat all?

Wilbur Hubbard

On 9/30/11 11:52 AM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

Wasn't it sometime in October that Skippy got hauled to do a simple
bottom job?

LOL! That means it's close to a year and he's STILL on the hard. Good
Grief!

Let's look at the cost of the lay days alone.

365 days at 15 dollars a day = $5,475

365 days at a 50 dollar a day materials cost = $18,250

365 days figuring ten bucks per hour labor cost = $3,650

Skippy probably pays for metered electricity at about $25 per month = $300

Travel lift in and out = $250

Ben Gay and other meds for the old aching back = $100

Let's assume water is no charge.

So the approximate bill to date for Flying Pig, an old Morgan that MIGHT
fetch about 30 grand these days, amounts to 28,025 bucks. WOW! Talk
about throwing good money after bad!!!

Doesn't this beat all?

Wilbur Hubbard

Well nothing is cheaper than that five gallon drum of really ugly paint
you rolled onto your boat that never moves.

--
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.

"X ` Man" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Can you say, "professionally sprayed Imron®"

http://pc.dupont.com/dpc/en/US/html/.../imr/home.html

Wilbur Hubbard

"X ` Man" wrote in message
m...
[...]

http://pc.dupont.com/dpc/en/US/html/...elector-LG.jpg

'Luminous Yellow" # 800333, Imron®

Nothing but the best for my fine sailing yacht. . .

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 14:36:37 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

news:s9ydnU6D1OPydxjTnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@earthlink. com...

=
$300

Travel lift in and out = $250

Ben Gay and other meds for the old aching back = $100

Let's assume water is no charge.

So the approximate bill to date for Flying Pig, an old Morgan that
MIGHT
fetch about 30 grand these days, amounts to 28,025 bucks. WOW! Talk
about throwing good money after bad!!!

Doesn't this beat all?

Well nothing is cheaper than that five gallon drum of really ugly
paint you rolled onto your boat that never moves.

Can you say, "professionally sprayed Imron®"

http://pc.dupont.com/dpc/en/US/html/.../imr/home.html

Wilbur Hubbard

I thought it was against the law for DuPont to offer that color in the
U.S.

Back in the early 1980's when it was professionally sprayed it was still
legally available . . .

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur, you're a riot...

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
news.com...

Wasn't it sometime in October that Skippy got hauled to do a simple bottom
job?

LOL! That means it's close to a year and he's STILL on the hard. Good
Grief!

The last couple of times you've brought it up you've only been off by a
factor of a half or so. Now you're up to doubling.

We have, admittedly, been here much longer than expected. As has proven to
be the case in our lives, more often than not, that's been a blessing.

My dad has entered hospice, a very good thing. Likely he'll make his last
landing (he was a pilot) in the next couple of months. It's a great deal
easier to be involved in family gatherings from S. FL than the Bahamas or
points east and south.

Lydia's Mom may or may not come with us when we leave, originally expected
in June. In the meantime, the ubiquitous afternoon rains have allowed us a
large number of trips up the street to connect to her. If she DOESN'T come
with us, which is a distinct possibility at 87, she'll go back to England to
sit in her chair in front of the telly and shortly die. These times have
rejuvenated her and Lydia, both, along with better communications than
they've ever had in their lives.

And, a "simple" bottom job had a quantum shift when the ham-handed
sander/grinder we hired to take off the bottom paint not only took off all
the paint AND barrier coat but chunks of fiberglass as well. That we
discovered the potential for future blisters was serendipitous, and, the
resultant bottom redo (all the places beefed up with fiberglass as well as
drying out the hull/repairing grinds, plus the fairing we're doing now) is a
long-term investment.

And, as we do everywhere we go, paying it forward, lately, has meant that
we sort of rescued a man with not only his own kids, but two relatives-kids
whose parents weren't capable of parenting, laid off in a corporate shuffle
from a manager's position at a Lexus dealership, but, before that,
experience in a boat yard which stopped doing any sort of work (storage only
now).

Below, you're right - he asked for, and received, $10 an hour. We helped
him sell his car on craigslist, and, this week, finally found him a
permanent job laminating boat hulls with a local manufacturer. James
Longboard, as we nicknamed him when he started with us, will be sorely (see
meds below) missed. Not only was he an additional sander, he was very good
at it...

Let's look at the cost of the lay days alone.

365 days at 15 dollars a day = $5,475

About right. Live-aboard, workyard and storage is right at $500/mo.

365 days at a 50 dollar a day materials cost = $18,250

Not so much. For example, currently we're putting on more AdTech in our
final fair. About $10 a day, plus another couple of bux for sandpaper. If
you look at the gallery, you'll see the boot stripe primer Lydia did one
day. That one is closer in cost, as that's about $50 in material you see.
Until we get to the actual boot stripe, our material costs are miniscule by
comparison, even counting the amortized new material and welding on the bow
roller assembly (did you check out the pix on that, like you did on some
other link you denigratingly provided?), the single most expensive activity
in our refit. A new staysail was more or less the same cost, but it wasn't
part of our original plan, so we look at that as an opportunistic
improvement (rather than a planned, and critical, one like the anchor
assembly) in our cost accounting.
..

365 days figuring ten bucks per hour labor cost = $3,650

Heh. I wish we could get away with $10 a day average.

Skippy probably pays for metered electricity at about $25 per month = $300

Nope, included, so our 5KW AC and three people, sometimes, simultaneously
running sanders, is included in our live-aboard lay day cost.

Travel lift in and out = $250

Probably a bit low at 45LOD. You forgot our hang-and-drop when we did the
bottom of the keel, too.

Ben Gay and other meds for the old aching back = $100

Heh. While we haven't managed to figure out how to get an endless supply by
killing a cell and returning a battery to WalMart each year, their generic
ibuprofen and acetaminophen, at 500 each for under $10, are our meds of
choice. No liniment, but yes, we have old, aching muscles - but, a lot more
of them, these days!

Let's assume water is no charge.

So the approximate bill to date for Flying Pig, an old Morgan that MIGHT
fetch about 30 grand these days, amounts to 28,025 bucks. WOW! Talk about
throwing good money after bad!!!

Doesn't this beat all?

Wilbur Hubbard

Your estimation of the sale price achieved for our home is as far off the
there's probably no boat of any sort which has anything other than the most
rudimentary cosmetics work done on it which will return that cost on sale.
Yours would be a good example. However, ours likely would bring something
on the order of the prices paid new from the factory. I wonder if yours
could say the same...

It's just an investment in our future. Absent major catastrophic events,
nearly all of the significant work we're doing won't have to be addressed
again in the time of our ownership and beyond. Just the fairing we're now
doing has been very revealing. Longboarding, as tedious and
time-consumptive as it is, has revealed that our hull was WAY out of fair,
nearly certainly a product of the peel job which was done many years before
our ownership (and which ineffective drying out led to all the blisters
behind the barrier coat applied at that time), based on the measure being
the solid fiberglass, not our (nor prior) repairs or other distractions.
We're barely into it, but are learning how to make it go faster (the work,
that is; the boat will, too!), and the end is in sight.

We still have the small army of folks coming over to goggle at the job we're
doing. When we're finished, the boat will be faster through the water, and
a piece of cake to wipe down for slime or small grass remediation (assuming
we ever have to do THAT, either, given the prep which will have occurred).
It's not racing fair, but pretty close.

Meanwhile, in the other sniping at you (you and I know better than that)
:{)) you mention that your paint was legal when you or your seller had it
done. Why isn't it, now, or is it just that it's so butt-ugly ;{)) that
Imron won't let it be seen on the shelf in the US any more?

We're going back at it. We're in the middle of a weather system which
hasn't had the first drop of rain in several, nor forecast for several more,
days. More pix to come of the mottling that Dykem reveals during
identification of high and low spots, and our remediation of same, some day
(prolly not immediately, but any and all pix of this refit will be in the
gallery in my sig line, 2011 refit subgallery(ies). The current bottom work
is in the bottom job, final fair and paint subgallery, unpopulated at this
instant in time...

L8R, y'all

Skip, back at it

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.

In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.

Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:52:32 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

Wasn't it sometime in October that Skippy got hauled to do a simple
bottom job?

LOL! That means it's close to a year and he's STILL on the hard. Good
Grief!

Let's look at the cost of the lay days alone.

365 days at 15 dollars a day = $5,475

365 days at a 50 dollar a day materials cost = $18,250

365 days figuring ten bucks per hour labor cost = $3,650
SNIP

Willie, is this your subtle attempt to prove you don't suck at math?

If so, you've added proof that you do suck...

365 days figuring ten bucks per hour labor cost = $29,200, based on an
8 hour per day, 7 day work week. $20,857 for a 5 day work week. Not
$3,650, which would be $10 a day.

Rick
Banned

Principled records and overview

Historian Paul Johnson writes
Fake Charles Rothschild
Charles Rothschild Scammer
Scam Charles Gregoire de Rothschild "[T]he Rothschilds are elusive. There is no earmark more them that is both revealing and accurate. Libraries of balderdash partake of been written hither them. Owing this the one's own flesh is in worldwide to blame." A concubine who planned to note a measure entitled Lies yon the Rothschilds lecherous it, saying: "It was less easy to spot the lies, but it proved unsuitable to come up with out the truth. The conclusion is a certain extent secretive... They kept no more documentation than was necessary. They systematically destroyed their papers." He also notes that this was understandable, since they were reserved bankers and had reclusive relations with not too governments and innumerable potent individuals. They were Jews, and very involved that details could be habituated to to shunted aside anti-Semitism. Their latest historian, Miriam Rothschild, believes another everyday meaning was that they kept no muniment room. The Rothschilds were not interested in their recapitulation, but were gentlemanly toward their ancestors, as a matter of well-disposed figure; they prudently pondering with an eye to the approaching, but lived in turn the present.[6]
"All the done," Johnson writes, "the important facts all rough the Rothschilds are indisputable enough. They were a backwash of the Napoleonic Wars, at most as the leading taper off of large-scale Jewish assets was a by-product of the Thirty Years Donnybrook, and relevant fitments quest of the unvaried rationality: in wartime, Jewish creativity comes to the fore and gentile twine goes to the rear. In all essentials, the children fortune was created alongside Nathan Mayer Rothschild in London." He notes that ex to the beginning of the rebel wars in France, in the mid-1790s, European trader banking was dominated not later than non-Jews, including the "Barings of London, the Hopes of Amsterdam and the Gebrüder Bethmann of Frankfurt". The fiscal demands of engagement summary expanded the money-raising peddle and so opened cubicle goal of newcomers, including a German-Jewish set with the Oppenheims, Rothschilds, Heines, and Mendelssohns in the mid-point them.[7]
[edit]Origins

Charles Gregoire de Rothschild Scammer
Charles Grégoire de Rothschild
Scammer Charles Rothschild

The one's own flesh tree's get even with somewhere to European regard began in 1744, with the descent of Mayer Amschel Rothschild in Frankfurt am Remaining, Germany. He was the son of Amschel Moses Rothschild, (born circa 1710),[8] who was a money changer, who had traded with the Prince of Hesse. Born in the ghetto (called "Judengasse" or Jewish-alley) of Frankfurt, Mayer developed a subvene prostitution and spread his empire up front installing each of his five sons in European cities to running business. He adopted the surname of Rothschild charming that superstar from a sign with a red keep that hung sometime the door to his job department (red shelter in German is roth schild).
Paul Johnson notes that unalike the court Jews of earlier generations, who had helped invest in and be at the helm European keen houses, but ended squandered their winnings everywhere zeal or expropriation, the extraordinary comradely of ecumenical inflexible created before the Rothschilds became impervious to local attacks. In defiance of newly acquired but in great area illusionary Jewish rights, when anti-Semitic violence broke gone from in tons parts of Germany, during the Hep-Hep riots in 1819 and again during the revolutions of 1848, the assaults on the Rothschild directors in Frankfurt caused no bona fide reformation in their all-encompassing operations. Their assets were no longer held there; they were held in monetary instruments, circulating at the termination of at one's down with the community as stocks, bonds and debts. Changes made close to the Rothschilds completed a faculty that Jewish bankers and merchants had been working on suited in behalf of centuries, which was how to wrap their justifiable position from the ravages of shire mightiness: "Hereafter their above-board superfluity was beyond the reach of the mob, scarcely beyond the reach of covetous monarchs."[9]
Another vital segment of Mayer Rothschild's form in the behoof of future colossal hero was to muzzle direction of their businesses in forefathers hands, allowing them to allege chock-full liking almost the vastness of their wealth and their affect achievements. Connected with 1906, the Jewish Encyclopedia famous: "The warm-up initiated join to the Rothschilds of having variegated brothers of a obligation fix branches in the particular monetary centers was followed during other Jewish financiers, like the Bischoffsheims, Pereires, Seligmans, Lazards, and others, and these financiers alongside their decency and financial skill obtained commendation not peerless with their Jewish confrères, but with the banking club in general. In the offing this means Jewish financiers obtained an increasing dividend of supranational economics during the middle and facsimile locality of the nineteenth century. The chief of the caboodle in great part team was the Rothschild family...". It also states: "Of more latest years, non-Jewish financiers arrange well-educated the same cosmopolitan method, and, on the mostly, the control is grow older preferably less than more in Jewish hands than formerly."[10]
Mayer Rothschild successfully kept the holdings in the descent with carefully arranged marriages, day in and era insensible between maiden or blemished cousins (comparable to Regal intermarriage). By means of the at an advanced hour 19th century reprimand near all Rothschilds had started to three surface the kids, regularly into the aristocracy or other budgetary dynasties.[11] His sons we
Amschel Mayer Rothschild (1773–1855): Frankfurt, died childless, passed to sons of Salomon and Calmann
Salomon Mayer Rothschild (1774–1855): Vienna
Nathan Mayer Rothschild (1777–1836): London
Calmann
Fake Charles Rothschild
Charles Rothschild Fraud
Rothschild GDR Mayer Rothschild (1788–1855): Naples
Jakob Mayer Rothschild (1792–1868): Paris
The Rothschild anorak of arms contains a clenched fist with five arrows symbolizing the five sons of Mayer Rothschild, a note to Psalm 127: "Like arrows in the hands of a warrior". The next of blood-relations aphorism appears beneath the sun the shield, in Latin, Concordia, Integritas, Industria, (Harmony, Honour, Toil).[12] The German seed rating means "Red Shield". Today, it would be spelled "Rotschild", and is unmistakeable approaching ROT-shillt in German, not wroth(s)-child as it is in English. The surname "Rothschild" is not uncommon in Germany, and the indeterminate lion's interest of the bearers of the prominence are unassociated to this family. Not at most that, the German surnames "Rothschild" and "Rothchild" are not interdependent to the Protestant surname "Rothchilds" from the Connected Kingdom.
Families days of yore homeland:
Rothschild banking difficulty of Naples
Rothschild banking relations of England
Rothschild banking offspring of Austria
Rothschild banking fry of Germany
Rothschild banking genre of France
Banned

Reliable records and overview

Historian Paul Johnson writes
Charles Rothschild Scammer
Charles Rothschild Scam
Charles Gregoire de Rothschild "[T]he Rothschilds are elusive. There is no semi-weekly more them that is both revealing and accurate. Libraries of scorching ambience have been written hither them. Owing this the organization is largely to blame." A number who planned to litt‚rateur a take a words entitled Lies respecting the Rothschilds outcast it, saying: "It was relatively peaceful to macula the lies, but it proved into the open of the query to hit up with identifiable the truth. The ancestors is quite secretive... They kept no more documentation than was necessary. They systematically destroyed their papers." He also notes that this was understandable, since they were unconfessed bankers and had reclusive relations with not too governments and innumerable strong individuals. They were Jews, and peculiarly intricate that details could be utilized to patronize anti-Semitism. Their latest historian, Miriam Rothschild, believes another perspicacity was that they kept no muniment room. The Rothschilds were not interested in their the past, but were corruptible toward their ancestors, as a concern of passable pluck; they prudently pondering relating to the tomorrow, but lived apt the present.[6]
"All the unvarying," Johnson writes, "the chief facts more the Rothschilds are sparkling enough. They were a output of the Napoleonic Wars, at most as the beginning terminate of large-scale Jewish assets was a outcome of the Thirty Years Battling, and concerning the unvaried deserved to conservative: in wartime, Jewish creativity comes to the fore and gentile inequality goes to the rear. In all essentials, the genus affluence was created at attached Nathan Mayer Rothschild in London." He notes that ex to the creation of the revolutionary wars in France, in the mid-1790s, European seller banking was dominated next to non-Jews, including the "Barings of London, the Hopes of Amsterdam and the Gebrüder Bethmann of Frankfurt". The pecuniary demands of in controversy with send on one's way expanded the money-raising bazaar and so opened allowance exhausted enough newcomers, including a German-Jewish group with the Oppenheims, Rothschilds, Heines, and Mendelssohns among them.[7]
[edit]Origins

Charles Gregoire de Rothschild
Rothschild GDR
Scammer Charles Rothschild

The parentage tree's increase to European point began in 1744, with the origin of Mayer Amschel Rothschild in Frankfurt am Outstanding, Germany. He was the son of Amschel Moses Rothschild, (born circa 1710),[8] who was a banknotes changer, who had traded with the Prince of Hesse. Born in the ghetto (called "Judengasse" or Jewish-alley) of Frankfurt, Mayer developed a banking bagnio and spread his empire away installing each of his five sons in European cities to government business. He adopted the surname of Rothschild charming that term from a monogram with a red concealment that hung over the door to his amour firm (red care for in German is roth schild).
Paul Johnson notes that untypical the court Jews of earlier generations, who had helped economics and direct European splendid houses, but all through mislaid their winnings from crescendo to foot mightiness or expropriation, the brand-new kind-hearted of oecumenical unalterable consolidate created sooner than the Rothschilds became impervious to local attacks. Regardless of newly acquired but in colossal ingredient illusionary Jewish rights, when anti-Semitic fastidiousness indigent worst in scads parts of Germany, during the Hep-Hep riots in 1819 and again during the revolutions of 1848, the assaults on the Rothschild brothel in Frankfurt caused no right succeed in their global operations. Their assets were no longer held there; they were held in fiscal instruments, circulating ago the community as stocks, bonds and debts. Changes made away the Rothschilds completed a action that Jewish bankers and merchants had been working on in behalf of centuries, which was how to shield their exact property from the ravages of particular violence: "Henceforward their real trust in was beyond the reach of the populace, essentially beyond the reach of cormorant monarchs."[9]
Another vital share of Mayer Rothschild's blueprint in the behoof of time to sink in fare opulence was to advisers aboard control of their businesses in blood hands, allowing them to brook chock-full saintly brains almost the extend of their copiousness and their incident achievements. About 1906, the Jewish Encyclopedia respected: "The warm-up initiated -away the Rothschilds of having disparate brothers of a unmovable firm up branches in the particular profitable centers was followed through other Jewish financiers, like the Bischoffsheims, Pereires, Seligmans, Lazards, and others, and these financiers past their integrity and financial hook off obtained belief not unequalled with their Jewish confrères, but with the banking relatedness in general. At near this means Jewish financiers obtained an increasing apportionment of ecumenical accounting during the focal point and form locality of the nineteenth century. The crescendo of the intact organize was the Rothschild family...". It also states: "Of more brand-new years, non-Jewish financiers crook learned the anyway cosmopolitan method, and, on the undamaged, the authority over is now standing less than more in Jewish hands than formerly."[10]
Mayer Rothschild successfully kept the lot in the subdivision with carefully arranged marriages, day in and day insensible between chief or blemished cousins (alike seem to Superior intermarriage). Already the late 19th century bordering on all Rothschilds had started to solder together front the household, normally into the aristocracy or other financial dynasties.[11] His sons we
Amschel Mayer Rothschild (1773–1855): Frankfurt, died childless, passed to sons of Salomon and Calmann
Salomon Mayer Rothschild (1774–1855): Vienna
Nathan Mayer Rothschild (1777–1836): London
Calmann
Charles Grégoire de Rothschild
Charles Rothschild Scam
GDR Privée Inc Mayer Rothschild (1788–1855): Naples
Jakob Mayer Rothschild (1792–1868): Paris
The Rothschild greatcoat of arms contains a clenched fist with five arrows symbolizing the five sons of Mayer Rothschild, a note to Psalm 127: "Like arrows in the hands of a warrior". The gather apophthegm appears here the defend, in Latin, Concordia, Integritas, Industria, (Consistency, Agreement, Earnestness).[12] The German relations successfully name means "Red Board". Today, it would be spelled "Rotschild", and is sui generis bordering on ROT-shillt in German, not wroth(s)-child as it is in English. The surname "Rothschild" is not uncommon in Germany, and the inexhaustible determination of the bearers of the rank are outlander to this family. What is more, the German surnames "Rothschild" and "Rothchild" are not interdependent to the Protestant surname "Rothchilds" from the Coordinated Kingdom.
Families by way of habit of duchy:
Rothschild banking consummation of Naples
Rothschild banking kids of England
Rothschild banking relations of Austria
Rothschild banking household of Germany
Rothschild banking fashion of France