Default Ready for a better discussion group experience about recreational boating?

"Harryk" wrote in message
Give us a try over at

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

If you'd like to "join," email me at

The only *real* rule is that insulting other posters is not allowed.

Gee that's got to be so very boring . . .

--
Gregory Hall

On Tue, 31 May 2011 16:31:57 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

We make a modest effort to keep the insulters, ID spoofers, and other
idiots out, but if one slips through, I promise to kill the account and
ban the offender as soon as I notice him.

I think it will be only a short time before the good people at Google
figure out who they are dealing with. Your reputation casts a long
shadow. I may drop them a note just to help expedite the "discovery"
process.

wrote:

We make a modest effort to keep the insulters, ID spoofers, and other
idiots out, but if one slips through, I promise to kill the account and
ban the offender as soon as I notice him.

I think it will be only a short time before the good people at Google
figure out who they are dealing with. Your reputation casts a long
shadow. I may drop them a note just to help expedite the "discovery"
process.

What's the matter, Wayne? Can't stand the idea of a discussion group
where your sort of snarky name calling, the sort you engage in here and
in rec.boats, won't be welcome?

Heck, Wayne, someone tried to join the new group using your ID. I kid
you not.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

wrote:

What's the matter, Wayne? Can't stand the idea of a discussion group
where your sort of snarky name calling, the sort you engage in here and
in rec.boats, won't be welcome?

Heck, Wayne, someone tried to join the new group using your ID. I kid
you not.

I think it will be only a short time before the good people at Google
figure out who they are dealing with. Your reputation casts a long
shadow. I may drop them a note just to help expedite the "discovery"
process.

Nothing but recreational boating discussions there, W'hine. No one is
talking about you although, as I mentioned, someone tried to sign up
using your on-line ID. W'hine away.

On 5/31/11 8:56 PM, Wayne B wrote:

I think it will be only a short time before the good people at Google
figure out who they are dealing with. Your reputation casts a long
shadow. I may drop them a note just to help expedite the "discovery"
process.

You think the managers at google groops will want to participate in our
discussions about gel coat, canoeing, setting moorings, bluefin tuna,
trailering a sailboat, boston whalers, and splicing rope?

I have to admit, though, the endless discussions here about Wilbur may
be more interesting to you and yours.

On 6/1/2011 6:48 AM, Harryk wrote:
On 5/31/11 8:56 PM, Wayne B wrote:

I think it will be only a short time before the good people at Google
figure out who they are dealing with. Your reputation casts a long
shadow. I may drop them a note just to help expedite the "discovery"
process.

You think the managers at google groops will want to participate in our
discussions about gel coat, canoeing, setting moorings, bluefin tuna,
trailering a sailboat, boston whalers, and splicing rope?

I have to admit, though, the endless discussions here about Wilbur may
be more interesting to you and yours.

Now that you have de plume on board she can share her vast knowledge of
anchoring hobie cats using the bucket full of concrete method.