Default Do REAL sailors make Wi-Fi a primary concern?

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:25:19 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Wayne B" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:24:26 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

You will never qualify as
a voyager/cruiser. Your umbilical cord is much shorter than Skippy's.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to compare voyaging/cruising logs with you
anytime. We'll be cruising the Keys in January.

Please consider doing your motoring somewhere else. I don't like the thought
of our clean, maritime air polluted with diesel fumes and our gin-clear
waters fouled with oily bilge water indiscriminately pumped from itinerant
trawlers.

Wilbur Hubbard

Translation: I ain't got no logs.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Translation: I ain't got no logs.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Let's see now,

Skip is off cruising and Wilbur ain't.

Now WHO is the real cruiser?
--

Richard Lamb

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:24:26 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Wayne B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 18:52:14 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

Skippy seems to make Wi-Fi his main concern when visiting ports of call.

To me this seems rather pitiful.

To those of us with friends, family and business interests, being able
to keep in touch with the world has its advantages.

For you, perhaps not so much.

Has its advantages to the family, business interests and your perceived
audience.

Is detrimental to voyaging and the voyaging lifestyle because it involves
compromise. But, then again, yours is a motorboat. You will never qualify as
a voyager/cruiser. Your umbilical cord is much shorter than Skippy's.

Wilbur Hubbard

Possibly true.... but how would you know anything about the "voyaging
lifestyle"?

As to the term "voyaging lifestyle", it was coined by the Pardey's,
perhaps you read one of their books..... And your imagination is
working overtime.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:09:49 -0500, CaveLamb
wrote:

Translation: I ain't got no logs.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Let's see now,

Skip is off cruising and Wilbur ain't.

Now WHO is the real cruiser?

Wilbur of course.... Who else tells what failures we are thus, by
inference, proving his claims to fame, not to mention the size of his
penis.

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:15:28 -0400, WaIIy wrote:

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:25:19 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

You will never qualify as
a voyager/cruiser. Your umbilical cord is much shorter than Skippy's.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to compare voyaging/cruising logs with you
anytime. We'll be cruising the Keys in January.

Please consider doing your motoring somewhere else. I don't like the thought
of our clean, maritime air polluted with diesel fumes and our gin-clear
waters fouled with oily bilge water indiscriminately pumped from itinerant
trawlers.

Wilbur Hubbard

Different translation :

"My gaspipe boom fell on my 1956 15 horse Johnson and now I can't get it
started".

Or "Damn but I wish I had a real boat!"

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

on Mon, 27 Sep 2010 17:50:16 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

"My gaspipe boom fell on my 1956 15 horse Johnson and now I can't get it
started".

As near as I can remember, Johnson made an eighteen that year, not a
fifteen.

Casady

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:50:59 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

"My gaspipe boom fell on my 1956 15 horse Johnson and now I can't get
it
started".

As near as I can remember, Johnson made an eighteen that year, not a
fifteen.

Casady

It WAS an 18hp until Wilbur "fixed" it. After that, some days it was
only a 6hp.

Yes, that's what I heard.

Dubble Bubble is really not very effective as a head gasket sealer.

Bazooka Joe would never even try it.

That's so funny I forgot to laugh. But, seriously, I am one of the few
sailors who is honest enough to put my money where my mouth is. I have
always derided those so-called sailors who demand diesel engines in
sailboats because they are very heavy and ruin the sailing performance
because of the extra weight from motor, tankage and systems along with the
usual, large, three-bladed fixed prop. These things all serve to turn a
sailboat into a motorsailer which is a sad state of affairs and unacceptable
to us real sailors. A motorsailer is nothing but an inefficient trawler and
even an efficient trawler is an abomination.

Please be aware of the fact that I, Wilbur Hubbard, have recently gone DOWN
in size from a 9.9 HP Honda twin (junk BTW) to a single-cylinder 6 HP
Tohatsu (quality) four-stroke (a mere 1500 dollar refit). This means going
from over a 120 pounds on the transom to about 60 pounds. It also means it
is much easier to remove the motor and stow it safely in a cockpit locker
when underway at sea where it is not needed. Also, it burns less fuel. Most
of you have never sailed a blue water cruiser in pure sailboat trim. Well, I
have and often do and there's nothing like it. Those who insist upon a big,
smelly diesel maybe need to stop pretending that you're sailors. I know all
about you pretenders. You rarely take the sail covers off. The most you seem
to do is unroll the silly roll-up headsail to assist the motor if the wind
happens to be right for it.

You don't even know how to get underway under sail while retrieving the
anchor. You couldn't anchor under sail if your lives depended upon it. You
are deathly afraid of sailing into an inlet without your security blanket
diesel churning away. In other words, you are a bunch of motorboaters. You
don't fool me. You lie even to yourselves. Just what do you think the
insides of your lungs look like anyway? All those diesel fumes you
constantly breathe turn your lungs BLACK. So very disgusting a thought. Here
you are pretending to be living a healthy life on the bounding main and,
instead, you are all candidates for lung transplants.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:00:24 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Why all the vehemence toward diesels? Is it because you can't afford
one?

A motor is a motor and either you got one or you don't. Arguing that
because you have a miserable little outboard it somehow makes you
superior to the bloke with a good strong reliable diesel is idiotic.

But while we are talking about sailors, et al. I assuming that a REAL
sailor, like you, will espouse winches and other mechanical devices -
rig tackles on the sheets and use levers to tension the back stays,
You do have running back stays, don't you; to go along with your
authentic gaff mainsail.. And of course you are using genuine hemp
lines and long staple cotton sails, right? But of course, you don't
even know what I am talking about, do you.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
Bob Bob is offline

Willlllburrrr !

And, you don't understand the absurdity of your methods? You don't see how
what you do is a *******ization of cruising and voyaging? You need to
examine what your goals are and write them down in order of priorities. If
your main goals involve 'keeping in touch' then you're in the wrong place
doing the wrong thing.

A hearty agreement !

Weather the prime concern? lol Says, Skippy as he and his overloaded boat
are cruising the Bahamas during hurricane season. Duh! If weather were your
prime concern you'd be off cruising someplace and some time where there were
no tropical cyclones in the offing.

Hummm I wonder what his insurance company says about that...........
oh, ya he aint got none cause even those blood suckers wont risk
betting on him.

And, I am entirely correct to rant about 'certain' women voyaging under
sail. In the history of mankind there have been perhaps fewer than a 100
women who voyaged under sail and who were not a detriment to the enterprise.

Be carful here Wilbur. Last week I was walking the commercial fish
docks and met a hot 28 yo.5'10 and built like a sleek well muscled
mongose. SHe owned a squared away 42' wood troller and was fishin
tuna. She had a crew of two other 20s women. She said she bought the
boat from her dad who fished it in alsaka and had been fisihg tuna/
salmon/crab for the last 8 years. I asked here where she fished. Her
reply: Alaska to northern cali and out to 150 miles.

She was one very cool skipper and rather pleasant conversationalist.

There are extreamly qualified and emotionally capable women....... its
just that most the marina dogs around here just cant hunt.

Consider this, the only
reason I bother with you at all is I think you two are one of the few
couples these days who might actually enjoy cruising like it was meant to be
if only you could honestly examine your priorities and commit to those which
are really the most important in your lives.
Wilbur Hubbard

That will never happen WIlbur for neither are honest and both are
atempting to controll the other. As a result they compliment each
other's defeciencies in a mutualy dependent relationship with both
alternatly taking on the Parent/Child role (see 1970s Transactional
Analysis P-A-C)

Please remember that a truly capable woman wont chose a mate that is
anything less than a truly capable man.

Bob

Why liberals make bad sailors Popeye[_3_] Cruising 5 July 4th 08 04:06 AM
Where's the Real Sailors Here? Bluto ASA 6 March 27th 06 11:16 PM
The only real sailors Poppa Pimple ASA 4 November 26th 03 03:29 AM
For real sailors GAZ General 5 August 26th 03 07:29 PM
Real Sailors Only need Apply!!! Bobsprit ASA 66 August 7th 03 02:56 AM