Default DISMASTED - told you so . . .

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:08:03 -0700, Gordon wrote:

And speaking of beautiful South Pacific islands. You've all heard how
some of them are sinking into the ocean and villages are disappearing
underwater all due to global warming and rising seas.

I kind of thought our boat was floating a little higher this morning.
How long until we reach the moon?

But, hotter water is less dense so your boat will float lower. And, if the
ice caps melt, then the water will be less saline which is also less dense
so your boat will float lower still.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:40:40 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:14:48 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:26:33 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
om...
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:46:06 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:51:40 -0400, wrote:

There have been nuclear powered subs for quite a long time, Wayne.
It's not really a secret. :-)

Yes but those reactors are the size of a trawler, not sized for a
trawler. My idea of small scale is something that fits in a large
closet or similar.

I think hydrogen fuel cells have a lot more promise for this
application! Maybe just a few years away.

I hope you're right.

It would certainly open up some possibilities!

No it won't open up any possibilities. Just where do you think you're
gonna
be able to get your tanks filled with hydrogen? Duh! There is not one
single marina offering hydrogen fills to date. Total pie in the sky is
what
you're talking about.

Wilbur Hubbard

Yeah, and those stupid Wright Brothers. Didn't they realize that there
were no airports for airplanes to use?

Poppycock. Why do you think they used the beach for their flight? Natural
airport, huh?

Yeah, but why try to develop airplanes without an infrastructure
already in place to make them commercially viable?

I think your shoelaces are untied...

I think you've missed the point entirely. The Wright brothers weren't the
least bit interested in a commercial or private aircraft industry. They were
just out to show people could fly a heavier than air machine.

Wilbur Hubbard

Sure, pure and simple do gooders. Interested in pure science only.
Wonder who started Wright Aircraft and sold the Army their first
airplane? Couldn't have been those two 'cause they were only
interested in proving that a heavier then air vehicle would work. and
they didn't prove anything as heavier then air devices had been flying
for some years before the Wright Bros (very) short demonstration.

What they proved was that a device propelled by an internal combustion
engine would fly.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:22:53 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:14:48 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

om...
wrote:

news:mvle16d1eicno879riv36fl127tv65lphg@4ax .com...
wrote:

[...]

I KNOW your shoelaces are untied.

For your information, I wear sandals that have hook and loop fasteners on
the straps. When I'm not wearing sandals I'm bare footed.

Wilbur Hubbard

(Translation: He doesn't know how to tie a bow knot) My six year old
grand daughter has the same problem.

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:28:34 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:22:53 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:40:40 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news:hkaf16thgpht48qth6rkpi0cfg6nespsal@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

I am absolutely CERTAIN that your shoelaces are untied.

You miss the point. The Great Sailorman doesn't know how to tie a
square knot.
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

"Bruce" wrote in message
snip

You miss the point. The Great Sailorman doesn't know how to tie a
square knot.
Cheers,

Square knot? Bwahhahahahahha. We real sailors use a bowline knot.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Bruce" wrote in message

(Translation: He doesn't know how to tie a bow knot) My six year old
grand daughter has the same problem.

And, poor ole grandfather doesn't even know sailors call it a bowline knot.
Or do you perhaps wear a bow in your hair?

LOL

Wilbur Hubbard

In article , Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:08:03 -0700, Gordon wrote:

And speaking of beautiful South Pacific islands. You've all heard how
some of them are sinking into the ocean and villages are disappearing
underwater all due to global warming and rising seas.

I kind of thought our boat was floating a little higher this morning.
How long until we reach the moon?

Well, as we get closer to the moon it's gravitational pull will have a
greater effect on the water on Earth, so probably sooner than you think.

Thinking of sailing the sea of tranquility?

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

In article , wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:22:53 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:40:40 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

m...

wrote:

[...]

Y O Y O Y can't you stop feeding the damn troll?!

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Abby safe, dismasted mmc Cruising 0 June 11th 10 01:47 PM
Dismasted!! [email protected] Cruising 1 October 30th 08 02:25 PM
I told you so Joe ASA 8 March 13th 06 02:53 AM
Pride of Baltimore dismasted Roger Long Cruising 0 September 11th 05 11:46 PM
Dismasted %&$@ ! Bart Senior ASA 50 July 14th 04 05:14 AM