Default Pactor emailing (was) On water in the Bahamas

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 08:25:52 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

I may have to use several stations to get
a connection (if it doesn't pick up after about 5 "rings" I terminate the
call, because if it can't hear me well enough to start, it's not likely to
persist) to accomplish the multipart upload.

There is one PMBO in Florida who almost never picks up on "5 rings"
but has an otherwise excellent station. I believe he keeps his rigs
on standby and requires a certain amount of time to get them back on
the air. If you connect immediately after he signs off with someone
else, his rig connects immediately.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
news
There is one PMBO in Florida who almost never picks up on "5 rings"
but has an otherwise excellent station. I believe he keeps his rigs
on standby and requires a certain amount of time to get them back on
the air. If you connect immediately after he signs off with someone
else, his rig connects immediately.

The first 4 stations I try are in FL from this location.

Know which it is?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip, off Shroud Cay

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in
its hand. You seek problems because you need their gifts."

(Richard Bach, in Illusions - The Reluctant Messiah)

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 22:56:44 -0400, "Flying Pig"
wrote:

There is one PMBO in Florida who almost never picks up on "5 rings"
but has an otherwise excellent station. I believe he keeps his rigs
on standby and requires a certain amount of time to get them back on
the air. If you connect immediately after he signs off with someone
else, his rig connects immediately.

The first 4 stations I try are in FL from this location.

Know which it is?

Sure.

November Zero India Alpha in Deltona, FL. One of the best PMBO
stations on Winlink in my opinion but frequently slow to connect.

Off to the the Bahamas Flying Pig[_2_] Cruising 1 September 29th 09 04:55 AM
Off to the Bahamas Wayne.B General 50 June 19th 09 03:38 AM
Bahamas Kenneth P. Turvey General 2 April 19th 08 12:08 AM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM