Default ping Bruce in Bangkok

Everything OK with you, Bruce? I keep seeing news of riots and quite
serious civil unrest. You're keeping out of harm's way I hope?

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:38:25 +0100, Justin C
wrote:

Everything OK with you, Bruce? I keep seeing news of riots and quite
serious civil unrest. You're keeping out of harm's way I hope?

Justin.

Yes. No problems here.
The reports of the demonstrations give a totally different picture
then what actually exists. The demonstrations are in a specific,
small, area and the rest of the city goes on about its business with
no interference. For example, I went from the house, in North Bangkok
to China Town, in S. W. Bangkok, yesterday using public transportation
with no more problems (crowded Underground ) then at any other time.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce wrote in
:

The reports of the demonstrations give a totally different picture
then what actually exists. The demonstrations are in a specific,
small, area and the rest of the city goes on about its business with
no interference. For example, I went from the house, in North Bangkok
to China Town, in S. W. Bangkok, yesterday using public transportation
with no more problems (crowded Underground ) then at any other time.

When I lived in Tehran, Iran, from 1977-79, my mother would get her
panties all in a knot worrying about me blowing all to hell when she
watched the stupid American TV tabloid news. She was convinced I was
dead.

That would always result in my phone getting me out of bed at 3-4AM,
Tehran Time, because my mother was too simple to realize the Earth was a
sphere, sort of, and I was on the DARK SIDE of it when she was watching
Fox News Zionism telling everyone Tehran was on fire.

"Hullo??" "Oh, hi, Mom." "No, We're all fine...Well I was until you
got me out of bed at 3:30 in the morning." "Yes, Mom. It's 3:30 AM,
here, and the whole city was in bed until you called." "Good night,
Mom. I gotta go to the base and go to work in the morning." "Yes, Mom,
I'll be careful. If I don't get some sleep, soon, I'll probably be
killed falling asleep into the high voltage of the equipment." Yeah,
good night, Mom. We're all fine." (click) Damn, might as well get
up and make some coffee, now.

I threatened to have their cable TV disconnected one time. That slowed
it up for a month or so.

"Good night, Mom." She died in 1999. I'd love to have her get me out
of bed, now, even at 3AM. I miss her awful....Everybody's dead, now,
except me. I'm next!

--
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics.

Larry

On Sat, 01 May 2010 01:56:28 +0000, Larry wrote:

Bruce wrote in
:

The reports of the demonstrations give a totally different picture
then what actually exists. The demonstrations are in a specific,
small, area and the rest of the city goes on about its business with
no interference. For example, I went from the house, in North Bangkok
to China Town, in S. W. Bangkok, yesterday using public transportation
with no more problems (crowded Underground ) then at any other time.

When I lived in Tehran, Iran, from 1977-79, my mother would get her
panties all in a knot worrying about me blowing all to hell when she
watched the stupid American TV tabloid news. She was convinced I was
dead.

It is enlightening to actually be at an event that is reported in the
International press and then reading the reports. It is obvious that
few of the reporters actually understand the situation and many,
perhaps most, of the reports are very superficial. In addition it
seems that everyone has his political stance so you get reports
written from the Right and others from the Left when the real
situation is right down the middle.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce wrote in
:

In addition it
seems that everyone has his political stance so you get reports
written from the Right and others from the Left when the real
situation is right down the middle.

Here in America, each left or right news agency can turn even an earthquake
into a political event.