posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Bruce in Bangkok AIS

I understand several far east countries require AIS xponders on
pleasure craft. Singapore, Korea and Malaysia were mentioned. China and
Indonesia soon to be required.
Know anything about this?
Thanks
Gordon

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 08:28:44 -0700, Gordon wrote:

I understand several far east countries require AIS xponders on
pleasure craft. Singapore, Korea and Malaysia were mentioned. China and
Indonesia soon to be required.
Know anything about this?
Thanks
Gordon

Malaysia and Singapore do not, at the moment, require AIS for visiting
yachts.

Singapore presently monitors all vessels over 100 ton (I believe it is
this size) by radar while in Singapore waters as the Singapore Marine
Traffic control system reaches nearly to their marine borders.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bil Bil is offline

On Aug 24, 8:07*am, Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 08:28:44 -0700, Gordon wrote:
*I understand several far east countries require AIS xponders on
pleasure craft. Singapore, Korea and Malaysia were mentioned. China and
Indonesia soon to be required.
*Know anything about this?
*Thanks
*Gordon

Malaysia and Singapore do not, at the moment, require AIS for visiting
yachts.

Malaysia is quite cruiser friendly and does not require AIS.

Singapore does not require AIS if a pleasure yacht enters port, stays
in a marina, and then exits port and Singapore.

But if a foreign-flagged cruiser intends to cruise in Singapore
waters, eg to sail from one Singapore marina to another, or to day
sail from a marina and return to that marina, then the situation gets
more complex. See the 2008 port circular at
http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/circular...rs/pc08-11.pdf

The Singapore marinas that can arrange entry and exit (eg Raffles)
also rent HARTS transponders to foreign flagged yachts that do not
carry an IMO-compliant AIS transponder.

Cheers

Bil (Penang, Malaysia)
posted to rec.boats.electronics

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:59:48 -0700 (PDT), Bil
wrote:

[...]

Does the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club still arrange in and out
clearance?

On the transponder. Can you still get permission to do sea trials?
Without a transponder?

wrote:

Does the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club still arrange in and out
clearance?

Yes. Raffles, Republic of Sing YC, Keppel Bay, 1 deg 15, and the Air
Force sailing club.

On the transponder. Can you still get permission to do sea trials?
Without a transponder?

I'd suggest talking to the marina (which has a role in certifying
visiting cruisers use of HARTS transponders). In the case of Raffles,
they were okay letting us do a sea trial in the Johor Strait, ie just
outside the marina, without a transponder (to test the new autopilot,
with local repair personnel on board). But I suspect a sea trial that
went past one of the commercial wharves would mean carrying a
transponder.

Cheers

Bil

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default O.T. Singapore sailing

wrote:

Does the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club still arrange in and out
clearance?

Yes. Raffles, Republic of Sing YC, Keppel Bay, 1 deg 15, and the Air
Force sailing club.

On the transponder. Can you still get permission to do sea trials?
Without a transponder?

I'd suggest talking to the marina (which has a role in certifying
visiting cruisers use of HARTS transponders). In the case of Raffles,
they were okay letting us do a sea trial in the Johor Strait, ie just
outside the marina, without a transponder (to test the new autopilot,
with local repair personnel on board). But I suspect a sea trial that
went past one of the commercial wharves would mean carrying a
transponder.

Cheers

Bil

I changed the subject.

A year or so ago someone told me about a new marina which is fairly
close to J.B., up the West end of the straits, and under the new
bridge. I haven't been that way for a few years but usually stopped in
Sabana Cove rather then stay in Singapore. Is this new place the place
to stay now?

wrote:

I changed the subject.

A year or so ago someone told me about a new marina which is fairly
close to J.B., up the West end of the straits, and under the new
bridge. I haven't been that way for a few years but usually stopped in
Sabana Cove rather then stay in Singapore. Is this new place the place
to stay now?

That's Danga Bay. It's been developing for a few years. Haven't been
there, so I don't know the current situation.

Cheers

Bil

Banned

Location: Россия

Помогу убрать проблему. Человек может пропасть безвести, имитация несчастного случая или простое устранение.
Полная анонимность. Дорого. Пишите на serzhkro@gmail(точка)com на форумах нет возможности отвечать.