Default Cherubini Raider 33 - Need Shore Power Advice

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:40:48 -0700 (PDT), Ancona21
wrote:

Silly me. The Coast Guard documentation indicates a draft of 5'7" but
the previous owner (who sold the boat to me for $1.00)

That's an excellent start.
For now, I'd go with the quick methods suggested by Lew and Cavelamb.
You can rig a home A/C unit to cool the interior while you do needed
work to make the boat ship shape for sailing.
Hot down there,
From what you've said, I get the idea that you're new to it.
I may be wrong there.
That you had it towed to your dock rather than motored over - why?
Anyway, no sense spending much money until you know you'll keep the
boat.
Main thing is don't get zapped, and have the necessary grounding.

--Vic

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:43:50 -0700 (PDT), Ancona21
wrote:

PS: See pictures he

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ancona21...aider33Kokomo#

Looks like a nice clean boat, and certainly worth every dollar of what
you paid for it.

I think you ended up getting the right advice regarding shorepower: A
heavy guage, multi-outlet extension cable that is not a permanent part
of the boat. It will minimize your issues and expense, and it will do
the job when you need it.

Default Thanks To All / Cherubini Raider 33 - Need Shore Power Advice

Many thanks to all who responded to my shore power question. The
discussion was very informative and useful to me.
Best,
Ancona

On Apr 26, 7:06*am, Ancona21 wrote:
I have recently acquired a 1985 Cherubini Raider 33 which is not
fitted for shore power. I need guidance on the best choice of shore
power inlet types to install.

I would also appreciate any information about the boat itself. It was
built in Florida in 1985 - original name was MUSIC which was later
changed to KOKOMO. It appears to be a tall rig model, but I have no
specs. Nor do I know the draft. Any info or referrals would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Ancona

Cherubini Raider 33 - Need Advice and Information Ancona21 Boat Building 3 May 9th 10 12:34 PM
Bad shore power [email protected] Cruising 14 June 16th 06 08:09 AM
FS: Shore Power set in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 April 16th 04 02:56 AM
Shore Power Parallax Cruising 5 October 15th 03 02:18 PM
Using a generator for AC power in absence of shore power Zeki Gunay Electronics 1 August 7th 03 05:24 PM