Default Furuno FS1503EM

Anyone have airtime with the Furuno FS1503M? I've been told it's rock solid
for the most part, the weather reception is a bit iffy during early morning
and late evening. Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:40:24 -0700, "Stanley Tobasco"
wrote:

Anyone have airtime with the Furuno FS1503M? I've been told it's rock solid
for the most part, the weather reception is a bit iffy during early morning
and late evening. Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

Furuno makes very good equipment. However propagation conditions vary
by time of day in the shortwave bands because of changes in the
ionosphere caused by the sun. Typically, lower frequencies are
better at night, and higher frequencies during the day.

As an example I monitor the weather FAX out of New Orleans for
conditions in the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. During the day
the best frequency is usually 8502 KHz and at night 4316 KHz.

The worldwide listing of weather FAX stations, frequencies and
schedules can be found he

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/rfax.pdf

The high seas voice forecasts follow the FAX transmissions:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/hfvoice.htm

Furuno SSB Gordon Cruising 8 December 30th 06 05:17 PM
Video Interface Cable. Furuno RP-110 <> Furuno Radar Steve Electronics 2 March 27th 04 09:15 PM
Furuno GP-32 ?? Steve Cruising 32 December 13th 03 08:15 PM
Furuno VHF - no more ?? Fred Electronics 2 October 15th 03 01:57 PM
Furuno GP 70 Oliver Fleming Electronics 0 September 20th 03 12:02 AM